PDA

View Full Version : T5 Cut out after hot start

cherry1809
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:12
855 T5,sometimes after it's been on a run,i'll turn off for a few minutes and when i restart,it'll cut out again. Give it 30 seconds and it'll start fine. Plug/lead problem? it's not throwing up any ECU faults. Bit annoying as it's auto,so has left me in a few awkward positions unable to get out the way of traffic without pushing.

Alan M
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:39
Don't turn it off while you are in traffic then.

Alan M
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:41
Could't resist that,lol. Try replacing your leads as they may be breaking dow under hot conditions. Whilst there I would replace the dizzy cap, rotor arm and plugs to be on the safe side.

CONDYBOY
Sunday 6th July 2008, 18:03
Could't resist that,lol. Try replacing your leads as they may be breaking dow under hot conditions. Whilst there I would replace the dizzy cap, rotor arm and plugs to be on the safe side.

I agree!

cherry1809
Sunday 6th July 2008, 20:00
Yeah,thought about that,bit odd that it completely dies though.
My last one had lead issues,but it just misfired. It used to just do it when i first started it up,then after 30 seconds wait it carried on. Today though,it ran a minute or so then died....on a up hill....with traffic behind....and only the missus to push it out the way....thankfully some kind peeps helped get it out the way. :)