PDA

View Full Version : Do yo have a Lambda light problem?

Gwaredd
Sunday 17th April 2005, 17:11
Mine kept coming on whilst stationary in traffic or idling for a while & would stay on until reset by my mate who works at the parts desk in kings Volvo (that's where his mechanical skill ended tho, as he was unable to work the code machine).

Anyway, he says it could be oxygen sensors, dirty throttle housing or a number of things, I'd need to book it in (@ £60 per hour+ no doubt)

After checking all the elbows etc, I thought I'd try the lazy route & bung a bottle of injector cleaner turbo superspeed crap in the tank as 'endorsed' by Matt Neale, & d'you know what? It only ruddy worked.

Light went off after the 3rd tank of fuel & I'm seeing at least 2-3MPG better on average. At £14 a bottle, it's worth a go before booking your T5 in.

After_Shock
Sunday 17th April 2005, 17:17
When my orange warning light came on cue every month I tried everything to get it off and generally it worked for about 1-2weeks but then it came back on again.

Take it to a Volvo dealer and ask them to check out the fault codes, even though the light is out it will still be recorded on the system just so you know what it was.

If they ask you to pay to check the light out tell them were to go, ive had it done numerous times by 3 different dealers and not once has any of them asked me to pay for it being checked.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th April 2005, 18:41
You should be careful with using any cleaning agents in your tank. It can also lift all the rubbish off the bottom so after a while it may pay to change your fuel filter - located under the offside passenger seat.

Other than that - good news and follow AB's advice on the codes.

M44K TS
Monday 18th April 2005, 23:59
A mechanic mate of mine had a look at mine (he has an 850 T5 estate and a V70 R so i trust he knows what he is doing), since i put a cone filter on, it's been on! He said it could have been the lambda sensors but they shown as to be ok, got to book it back in for further investigation once he has the volvo software for the diagnostics

After_Shock
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 14:14
I had a problem with mine when I fitted the cone filter as it was letting too much air in and the MAF got confused so threw up the warning light, I took it in and Volvo re-set it then it was fine after that even with the cone filter.

HuskMan
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:10
My Lambda problem continues. Comes on regularly with the fault code pointing to Long Term Fuel Trim - i.e. translated as could be any bloody thing.

However, this has led me to David Pengelly in Nottingham (Lance's fine recommedation) who has been brilliant. He and his namesake at DP spent well over 30 minutes trying to diagnose and solve the problem and reset the light. The charge? Nothing, note, nada, zip - not a penny.

Guys, I recommend this man highly if you are in the Nottingham area.

BTW still not solved the Lmabda problem. I'm guessing that it may involve cleaning out the throttle housing. I haven't had a chance to look, but is this easy for a ham-fisted spanner-phobic like me to attempt?

Babybadger
Saturday 23rd April 2005, 19:51
What code are you getting? If it is like mine and the o2 sensor, only use the standard volvo oxygen sensors. The bosch 3 wire jobs can give shorts after going through big puddles!