PDA

View Full Version : c70 t5

marky 76
Sunday 6th July 2008, 11:34
please can some one shed some light for me ,, i recently have had a boost leak , now i have checked all my boost hoses ( all silicone samco ) but i,m still only boosting to 12 psi i have removed the solenoid valve and temp plumbed in a dawes device which didnt make any difference so tried a bleed valve this still did,nt make any difference so i then proceeded to pull the actuator pipe of and low and behold still did not get full boost !!!!!the only other query i have is on my engine pre me7 on the inlet manifold i have 4 brass fittings which is located just below and to the left of the idle control valve ,now one the large brass elbow goes to a pipe that goes under the battery tray and to the rear of the engine which leaves the 3 which are grouped together ,, one goes to the fuel press reg and the other one to the plastic intake tube down by the turbo which is also tee ,d into the vacuum device thing , not very good explanation i know but if anyone knows where and what pipes should be on the inlet manifold i will appreciate your help ,,,,,many thanks marky

marky 76
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:49
can anyone help with the 3 brass pipe fittings and where they go from the inlet manifold please ????????

Wombatbomb
Sunday 6th July 2008, 20:35
Can you post up a pic? Would make it easier to identify what you're looking at ;)

Also, a standard ME7 C70 should boost to about 12psi from memory, about 0.8 bar. These engines DO NOT like MBC's, bleed valves, dump valves etc.

Edit: Oops, just re-read your post, it's pre-ME7? If so, then an MBC, bleed valve etc should be ok.

volvolised
Sunday 6th July 2008, 21:57
i thnk he also forgot to mention its gay gold, 19T, bigger forged pistons, ths con rods, massive intercooler etc etc, plus looney driver......so needs his aston martin big brakes....have i missed anything marky..lol.see you saturday..

marky 76
Sunday 6th July 2008, 22:00
lol warren ummmm yeah i think u hit the nail on the head there ,,, i will give u a ring about mrg mate towards the end of the week ,,,, cya soon buddy

volvolised
Sunday 6th July 2008, 22:11
how did it go re; the inlet maniold ??

marky 76
Sunday 6th July 2008, 22:34
it has,nt yet mate ,,, hoping for someone in the know to come along and tell me lol