PDA

View Full Version : V70 acting REALLY strange

chrjen
Sunday 6th July 2008, 10:14
My wifes 1998 V70 2,5LPT aut. transmission did some real strange things today. She started the car up, and NOTHING electrical was working - AC dead, lights dead, instrument dead, windows dead and so on.......

She drove home in a very hot car, and when trying to shift from D to neutral it sounded like shifting gears a manual gearshift WITHOUT using the clutch :o

I turned the car of - waited 10 sec. and turned it on again.....everything was working again <_<

What can be causing this ????

I changes the ignition switch last year, but it sounds like an electrical main connection of some kind - but what really worries me was the grinding sound in the gearbox when moving the shiftlever from D to N. I must ad - It was VERY hot here in Denmark that day, so could it be heat-related...?

Im writing in this forum caue automatic transmissions are rare here end therefore no one can answer questions concerning this issue. The car is in mint condition all around, cared for like a baby without looking at the cost for reparing it.

I hope someone in here can give me a cluse and it is driving me mad.

Kindest regards, Christian / Denmark

Terminator
Tuesday 8th July 2008, 15:43
I think a trip to the dealers to get the auto transmission error codes read is needed. If there is a problem with the solenoids in the gearbox the ECU could be fooled into thinking the gearbox is in 'D' rather than 'P' when trying to start the engine. The grinding sounds are probably as a result of the internal clutches in the gearbox overheating so an auto transmission flush and change is probably needed. If the transmission fluid has overheated an error code will show up on the diagnostics.