PDA

View Full Version : brake up grade

ajc106
Friday 4th July 2008, 14:44
hi i have the 855r with standard discs(nutter i know), anyway have now got a 302mm conversion for it dose anyone have the part numbers for the longer v70 hoses that i need to fit this kit, also will the 305mm discs fit this kit thanks ajc106

Joćo_Santos
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 20:11
hi i have the 855r with standard discs(nutter i know), anyway have now got a 302mm conversion for it dose anyone have the part numbers for the longer v70 hoses that i need to fit this kit, also will the 305mm discs fit this kit thanks ajc106

For the 302mm kit you don“t need longer hoses ;)

And no,305 mm discs will not fit.

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 20:15
For the 302mm kit you don“t need longer hoses ;)

Really. And why then do Volvo manufacture the longer hoses? Please don't tell me you advocate the Jod method of using an anglegrinder to cut stuff away so that the shorter hoses reach? Or that you suggest bending the hardpipes so they reach?

What on earth is the point in taking any chances with a cars brakes?

I think it's part number 9191400. However, why not go stainless whilst you're doing it?

dob
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 20:34
I just fitted a 302 conversion on my R and the origional hores are long enough on mine. i am also fitting a set of goodrige braided hoses tomorrow if all goes to plan.
Dob

Tomcat
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 21:06
I fitted 302's to my last T5 and although I bought the longer hoses I never fitted them, the ones already on the car where exactly the same length.

Joćo_Santos
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 21:41
Nothing else to add :)

dooby
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 22:34
Hiya,

when I changed from 280mm to 302mm discs on my 850R I also swapped to Goodridge braided hoses but the shorter 15" wheels ones. I found the hose was pulling a bit too strained around the suspension strut at full lock. I replaced them with the Goodridge hoses for the 16"+ wheels and now there's enough slack.

No idea but maybe it's something to do with me having Koni shockers, perhaps they're a bigger diameter?

Looking here:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=52_684&products_id=3976

you want Volvo part number 9191400 for the longer brake hoses, but beware that number might have been superseded if the PFV info is out of date.

HTH, Pete

Loadsamiles
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 00:00
I fitted 302's to my last T5 and although I bought the longer hoses I never fitted them, the ones already on the car where exactly the same length.

So it already had the longer hoses fitted?

MrMopp
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 16:22
And so the circle continues :rolleyes:

Tomcat
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 18:09
So it already had the longer hoses fitted?

It had pipes that where already long enough...wether they had been replaced by someone else or they where like that oem I don't know, I think though that it's about damn time we found out don't you?.

If anyone has recently bought a set of new 'Longer' rubber pipes to go with 302's can you let me know please so we can find out how long they are?. In fact I will be upgrading mine soon so I will measure mine when I come to fit them.

nobananas
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 23:20
I had to replace a set of 302's on a customers car recently and the parts supplier sent both 302's and 305's so I had to give it a try. The 305's will just fit but you may have to shim the carrier away from the hub just a little to clear and also may have to file a little away from the area of the carrier that the disc passes through as it is a little close. You won't however gain anything from fitting the 305's unless you can fit pads with a larger surface area the the standards as all you'll end up with is a band around the outside oof the 305 discs that isn't swept by the pad. I am slowly narrowing down a set of larger pads sourced from a different make completely, will post what I find when I get time !

CONDYBOY
Thursday 17th July 2008, 00:17
I agree with nobananananas!

ajc106
Thursday 17th July 2008, 16:44
thanks for the info will just get the longer hoses and fit the 302mm

Jod T5
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 13:53
Please don't tell me you advocate the Jod method of using an anglegrinder to cut stuff away so that the shorter hoses reach? Or that you suggest bending the hardpipes so they reach?

LMAO, Hello James...
Just to clarify, the grinder was to remove a small skim off a small part of the caliper...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/jod1jod/Photoshoped%20Pics/brakecaliperps.jpg
The rigid lines securing bracket can be bent a fraction too, which allows the flexipipe to be loose during the complete suspension cycle even at full lock...
I have no qualms about the security of the braking system despite Tims opinions...
cheers
jod

Engineer
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 15:31
LMAO, Hello James...
Just to clarify, the grinder was to remove a small skim off a small part of the caliper...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/jod1jod/Photoshoped%20Pics/brakecaliperps.jpg
The rigid lines securing bracket can be bent a fraction too, which allows the flexipipe to be loose during the complete suspension cycle even at full lock...
I have no qualms about the security of the braking system despite Tims opinions...
cheers
jod

Weekend tuner!!...........:duck:

Jod T5
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 16:44
Weekend tuner!!...........:duck:
Oi Cheeky.....:blahblah:
Cheers
Jod