PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Rattle

Terminator
Friday 4th July 2008, 11:40
I had been experiencing a annoying rattle from the rear of my '99 V70R and had replaced or checked the usual suspects; tailgate panel and trim, rear speakers, seat backs etc.

Then I couldn't take it any longer so I removed every bit of trim from the rear of the car including plastic trim, floor panels, removed and lubricated suspension top plates, checked exhaust and heat shields under the car. Still the problem persisted so I adjusted the tailgate strike plate which helped a bit but did not cure the problem. One of the Yank forums recommended a lubricating spray called Wurth HHS 2000 which is synthetic, slightly adhesive lubricant. I managed to source a can of this on ebay for £7, sprayed the strike plate, latch and rubber bump stops.

This did the trick and now the rattle has completely gone. Such a relief and I can now stop pulling out what little hair I have left!

Rufe
Friday 4th July 2008, 11:56
We use Wurth HHS 2000 here in the dealership, good stuff it is too. (we buy it by the box of 12 - no idea how much it costs us though, probably silly money, but the workshop do insist on it)

Terminator
Friday 4th July 2008, 14:33
These guys sell individually but the p&p is a bit steep:

http://www.macckartingonline.co.uk/kart---wurth-hhs-2000-synthetic-lubricating-oil-500ml-1033-p.asp

Simon, can you supply it by the bottle from FRF Parts or is it workshop only?

RPM
Saturday 5th July 2008, 09:52
adhesive lubricant, or lubricating adhesive..............?

Terminator
Saturday 5th July 2008, 15:08
adhesive lubricant, or lubricating adhesive..............?

Not sure but does it matter as it works?!

wellsy
Saturday 5th July 2008, 22:44
its good stuff i use it to lube the chain of my bike .
it is very sticky and does not tend to fly off and stick to the wheels like some chain lubes
cheers wellsy.

Rufe
Sunday 6th July 2008, 13:24
These guys sell individually but the p&p is a bit steep:

http://www.macckartingonline.co.uk/kart---wurth-hhs-2000-synthetic-lubricating-oil-500ml-1033-p.asp

Simon, can you supply it by the bottle from FRF Parts or is it workshop only?

i will see what i can do on monday mate, unsure really as our workshop pay for it, but i will look into it.

Rufe
Monday 7th July 2008, 11:14
Right i sorted this out and I can supply it for just under a tenner including postage

WURTH HHS 2000, 500Ml
P/n: n/a
Our Price: £7.05 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £2.80 Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery.

Let me know if you want one

Simon :)

Terminator
Monday 7th July 2008, 12:14
Well done Simon, that's a good price for this excellent stuff!