PDA

View Full Version : power loss - ETM? Turbo?

c70mel
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 22:21
Hey all,

After just over a year of near enough hassle free driving on my C70 T5 1999 I have my first major niggle.

Car went into Limp mode couple weeks back. Turned engine off then back on and all was ok. ETS light came on so i reset it and it hasnt come on since. However now the car is withholding the power back for a couple of seconds.

For example Im travelling in a gear, i put it down a gear and put my foot down and the revs just stick for about 1 - 2 seconds. Then the power comes in. Also the overall power seems to off dropped a bit as well.

Just had the car serviced and the ETM cleaned out as that what my mechanic thought the problem was. Still the same though. He said he found an intake pipe hanging half off the throttle module (Not sure what pipe exactly). This didnt fix the fault either.

The etm in all other aspects is behaving perfectly normal. No hunting for revs with a solid idling rate.

Any suggestions what it could be?

01c70t5
Friday 4th July 2008, 10:10
Bet it's the weight of those dodgy badges on the back... :Handshake

c70mel
Friday 4th July 2008, 12:48
Bet it's the weight of those dodgy badges on the back... :Handshake

muppet!!! :P leave the badges alone god damn it!!! lol ill come round to urs in the middle of the night and stick 100's all over your boot!!

Wombatbomb
Friday 4th July 2008, 13:51
MAF sensor or TPS.

Terminator
Saturday 5th July 2008, 18:22
You need to get the diagnostic codes read to pin point the source of the problem, which will mean a trip to your local dealer.

Vikingxl
Saturday 5th July 2008, 19:00
Badges??? Come on lets see piccys