PDA

View Full Version : What to do ??????????????????

cameron
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:14
I took my car for a service today,

Not being the richest guy about i took it to a back street garage

On returning to collect my pride and joy i was told that the had put
a new oil filrter on, new oil, topped up all fluids there after.

When i was leaving the young Asian Lad ( i am not racist by the way ) called me over and gestured the half bottle of oil left, on reading the label on the front i nearly strangled him, i told him it was a 5 cylinder turbo, on the bottle it said for non turbo and turbo DIESEL CARS ONLY.

It was 15W 40, will this damage the engine?

I am emptying it out tomorrow and replacing the filter.

Cheers Guys.

abdul
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:19
U should of made them take the oil out straight away and put new oil in its there fault

big fan volvo
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:22
Diesel oil has more detergent in, but viscosity is what matters. However agree with Abdul thats not what was paid for and it should be changed

cameron
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:23
Diesel oil has more detergent in, but viscosity is what matters. However agree with Abdul thats not what was paid for and it should be changed

Will it damage the engine ?

Tomcat
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:24
If your replacing the filter make sure you use a Volvo one.

S70T5Chris
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:26
I'd have gone ££££££££££ ape S**t! You can't trust anyone to do anything properly these days!

cameron
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 21:30
If your replacing the filter make sure you use a Volvo one.

I am TC, ive got a new one off fleabay all in £8, should have it Tomoz.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 22:11
Don't panic, it will not do any harm.

Rufe
Friday 4th July 2008, 12:59
don't forget i sell genuine oil filters, probably slightly less than ebay would want i would guess, or at least around the same money, and you get a fancy invoice from a volvo main dealerer too, which looks better in the file, lol :P

if its only in there for a day or so you will ok mate, no need to panic, but i would get it changed sooner rather than later.