PDA

View Full Version : 850 Lowering

Dan850T5
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 18:50
Hi all, i've just signed up so hello :)

Basically i want to lower my 850 t5 (i've put pics in new members section) i want coilovers but can only find FK or KW setups for £900+

Are there any cheaper sets about? Or even just lowered struts and springs that are non-adjustable?

Any help muchos appreciated

Cheers, Dan

RT MECHANICS
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 18:55
Hi all, i've just signed up so hello :)

Basically i want to lower my 850 t5 (i've put pics in new members section) i want coilovers but can only find FK or KW setups for £900+

Are there any cheaper sets about? Or even just lowered struts and springs that are non-adjustable?

Any help muchos appreciated

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan

Welcome by the way :) you are very limited when it come to coilover kits i will soon have a Kw Varient 3 but race two way adjustable kit for our own demo car your only other route is Gaz gold have heard there good as well :)

Russ
www.rtmechanics.co.uk

Tomcat
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 18:56
You can get it lowered a fair bit by just replacing the springs, there are a few makes available, Eibach are good and are plenty low. Check to see if you have nivomat shocks on the back as these will hinder the lowering on the back.

Dan850T5
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 19:00
Cheers for quick response guys :)

My previous car was lowered on just springs, 60mm front 40mm rear and ride quality was appauling and started to ruin the dampers, they were starting to knock on the joints before i sold it, so i wanted to do a full swap on the Volvo.

Are there any just spring and strut packages around? There were loads of options for my vec, aftermarket parts for the volvo are so hard to come by!

RT MECHANICS
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 19:03
Cheers for quick response guys :)

My previous car was lowered on just springs, 60mm front 40mm rear and ride quality was appauling and started to ruin the dampers, they were starting to knock on the joints before i sold it, so i wanted to do a full swap on the Volvo.

Are there any just spring and strut packages around? There were loads of options for my vec, aftermarket parts for the volvo are so hard to come by!

Hi Dan

If you don't want coilovers go for koni fsd shocks and eibach springs one of our demo cars has this set up if your local and want a ride before you buy ??

Russ

Dan850T5
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 19:07
Hi Dan

If you don't want coilovers go for koni fsd shocks and eibach springs one of our demo cars has this set up if your local and want a ride before you buy ??

Russ

Cheers for the offer mate, much appreciated, i'm Midlands based and i notice under your Avatar it says Hampshire, so that could be a fair way.

Could you point me in the direction of any online shops you guys use that may also stock these shocks and springs?

Dan

freaky fingers
Saturday 5th July 2008, 08:44
Could you clear something up for me chaps?

Am I right in thinking that if you use standard shocks with lowered springs then the standard shocks can cope okay with a limited lowering i.e 20-30 mm

but beyond that you may be putting to much pressure on the standard shocks and so ideally should be looking at a uprated spring/shock conversion in one?

Wombatbomb
Saturday 5th July 2008, 11:10
PFV Suspension page (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/default.php?cPath=2_189)

g-wagon
Saturday 5th July 2008, 12:44
I used Larkspeed for my FSD and eibachs. They were by far the cheapest for FSD shocks. Others have also used h&r springs which they liked.

As you have said, don;t bother with just springs, it's a false economy.

pault5
Saturday 5th July 2008, 13:51
Hi,
Try Don Norchi here:
http://www.kalmar-union.com/

Paul