PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky drivers door! Driving me mad!

Liddo
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 11:24
Hi all C70 owners.

Has anyone ever had a squeak from their doors. My new motor has a squeak/chirp from the drivers door when I go over bumps. Sounds like a chipmonk is behind the panel, and I cant think what it might be!

Before I start taking the panel off, has anyone got any idea's??

Cheers

Paul

Terminator
Friday 4th July 2008, 11:28
I would start by adjusting and lubricating the door latch strike plate. If this is slightly out of alignment ie the door not closing properly, vibration will be created which could cause the door trim to rattle.

Liddo
Sunday 6th July 2008, 11:51
I would start by adjusting and lubricating the door latch strike plate. If this is slightly out of alignment ie the door not closing properly, vibration will be created which could cause the door trim to rattle.

Ive done that ;) but it seems to be squeaking from within the panel itself! It doesnt squeak when the window is down!

Think its time to take the panel off :(

cegc70t
Saturday 26th July 2008, 10:22
Before you take the pannel off try tightning up all the scres that hold it in place! if it dont work then take the pannel off tighten every bolt and screw you can find!!! also as it does not happen when the window is down I sujest checking the window seating to ensure it is not the glass creaking around on it!. If all else fails take the pannel off stuff a cat in the door and let it hunt down the chipmunk!

chow
Saturday 26th July 2008, 11:19
Before you take the pannel off try tightning up all the scres that hold it in place! if it dont work then take the pannel off tighten every bolt and screw you can find!!! also as it does not happen when the window is down I sujest checking the window seating to ensure it is not the glass creaking around on it!. If all else fails take the pannel off stuff a cat in the door and let it hunt down the chipmunk!

What a ridiculous idea, theres no way a cat will get into all the nooks and cranies inside the door, i always use a ferret for catching door chipmunks

cegc70t
Saturday 26th July 2008, 12:01
What a ridiculous idea, theres no way a cat will get into all the nooks and cranies inside the door, i always use a ferret for catching door chipmunks

lmao I am gonna unleash the badger on yer ferret lol

Liddo
Friday 15th August 2008, 11:45
Found it!!!!

Took the panel off last night, peice off p**s.

Its was one of the bolts that holds the window motor in place. The nut had come slightly loose, and the bolt was rubbing in and out of its hole (so to speak). Cut a small peice of plastic tube, and put it over the bolt and through the hole, and tightened the nut up again.

Jobs a goodun ;)

BruceT
Friday 15th August 2008, 11:48
Well done!

I never fancied taken the door cards off when I had my C70!

mexybhouy
Friday 15th August 2008, 20:12
Check for mice & squirrels! lol.. door panel may not be secured correctly. check all fittings are there???? failing that something loose behind door card, wiring,window mechanism,speaker loose etc! hope you get it sorted! don't think your hinges are loose or worn!!!!!!!!!!

mexybhouy
Friday 15th August 2008, 20:39
A bit late with my Tuppence! ha,ha. should have read the earlier post! doh...

Liddo
Tuesday 19th August 2008, 13:36
A bit late with my Tuppence! ha,ha. should have read the earlier post! doh...

LOL ;)

And yes, the door cards are VERY easy to take off. The easiest Ive come across ;)

cegc70t
Thursday 11th September 2008, 00:55
hu hu hu he said hole! shut up bevis