PDA

View Full Version : Economy and warm weather performance

lance
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 10:06
Im amazed with the economy of my phase 2 over the last 2 tanks im averaging 28.1 mpg ive only done one longish run of 150 miles and I havent been using the ac or climate although the weathers been warm, Ive noticed in general everyone on the road seems to be thinking of there pocket more and driving slower and steadier me included.
Thats the good news I suppose, but is it me or do phase 2 suffer heat soak more than earlier models back in the begining of last month I was called to hospital it was a big emergency and late at light, I drove my car very very quickly with the hazzards on jumping lights sounding my horn after 10 mins of thrashing the car felt slower for the last 5 mins less boost etc.
Ive noticed at night its defo quicker than in the day infact heat soak seems worse than my phase 1 although economy is better!
Anyone else felt the same?

jimka
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 10:38
defintly, at night its rapid - as mr ferrari found out .... but thats a different story :)

philt6
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 11:01
At the moment im getting 32.3

Loadsamiles
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 11:42
Thats the good news I suppose, but is it me or do phase 2 suffer heat soak more than earlier models

Yes, but mine already has IAT issues with this turbo. But that is to be expected running 1.5 bar from such a small compressor.

It's not that they get hotter, just that the ME7 does more about it.

Engineer
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 17:11
Yes, but mine already has IAT issues with this turbo. But that is to be expected running 1.5 bar from such a small compressor.

It's not that they get hotter, just that the ME7 does more about it.

:cuckoo: :lol: