PDA

View Full Version : T5 (2006) sub woofer installation

bigpoobah
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 08:13
I've decided to investigate fitting a sub woofer to my T5, which has the HU850 premium sound audio system. I would appreciate any relevant advice on where to acquire adapters, etc, and the best options for completing the fitting. Thank you.

MrP
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 10:09
your lucky, you can get the dedicated volvo one which fits in the spare wheel, and plugs in (you might need an software upload from volvo though)

asi dont have a spare wheel (the gas tanks gets in the way) i cant do this :(

Rufe
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 12:22
yes MrP is correct, volvo do list their own subwoofer. I sold one to a member on here not too long back. This is only for the estate models, before you go any further. If you have a saloon model, volvo cant help you. So assuming your 2006 T5 is an estate, here you go:

Here is a picture of it:

http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/images/P2X/0900c8af80b67869.jpg

And again, MrP was right when he stated it may need software, that is correct. Once you have installed this subwoofer kit, it will need a quick visit to a main dealer (or an independent who can do downloads, thoguh they are quite few and far between).

There will be a labour charge for the download, the price of which will vary between delaers, though as rough guide, expect to pay around half hour labour typically.

I can supply you with the kit, but then you would have to go to a local dealer to have the software carried out. You say you have the premium sound system, which is good as it can only be installed to cars with premium or high performance sound systems. You can not have a full size spare wheel if you fit this, as space is limited. You will need a space saver instead, though you may allready have this.

VOLVO GENUINE SUBWOOFER KIT:
P/n: 3517857; 977751; 9186262; 30671182
Volvo Total Price: £368.92 inc vat,
Our Total Price: £313.58 inc vat, plus delivery
Postage: £20.00 inc vat, next day service (depending on time of ordering, and part availability)

Basically if you place the order before 10am you could have it the next working day generally, later than that it will be the day after.

There will then be the software to consider, as i mentioned above, the part number for V70's 2005 to 2007 is 30752133, and is £11.16 inc vat, plus the labour charge.

Technical Data:
Power output (W at 10% THD) = 1x150
Impedance (Ohm) = 4
Frequency range (Hz) = 20-100
Box volume (liters) = 10
Weight (kg / lbs) = 11 / 24.3

What it says in the parts catalogue:
nstallation of the subwoofer significantly increases the force and fullness of the sound image.

The subwoofer unit is a closed speaker box with a 10 liter volume and a 12" cone transducer specially developed for this box. The unit is designed for optimum acoustic effect in the V70, V70 R, XC70.

The subwoofer is installed "invisibly" under the floor in the cargo compartment. The cone transducer is completely protected by the floor panel and hidden from external view.

Textile mat with an embroidered subwoofer logo to place over the subwoofer is included.

There is only room for the "mini-spare" spare wheel when the subwoofer is installed. The auxiliary seat cannot be installed at the same time as the as the subwoofer.

The kit contains wiring, spare wheel mounting, strap and box for the jack and tools.

Hope this has given you the info that you require,

Simon

Baj
Thursday 3rd July 2008, 13:00
If you dont go the official way (or have a saloon) there are things that can be done but will need much splicing of cables and such.
Let us know which way you swing :ylusy: