PDA

View Full Version : Dump Valves

Benji
Wednesday 15th November 2006, 20:35
Is it worth putting one on or will it upset the car.

bubba_1986
Wednesday 15th November 2006, 20:41
Do a search mate, tones of info on this.

cegc70t
Thursday 16th November 2006, 00:16
Benji I had one on my s40 and then have it on the C70. some people said it would cause problems but I aint had any yet!!!! best to get someone who knows what they are dooing to fit it!!! AVA turbo fitted mine to both cars and I trust them however they are a bit far for you.

Baj
Thursday 16th November 2006, 02:51
If you do fit one on an ME7 engine and it does cause 'issues', will removing it cure the problems or will it do something nasty?

mavv
Thursday 16th November 2006, 06:18
Got one on my S40 T4 no issues yet.

Benji
Thursday 16th November 2006, 17:05
Mavv what year is yours?? is there any differance between phase 1 and phase2 models??

CONDYBOY
Saturday 5th July 2008, 11:19
I've got one to fit to my 2001 v40 diesel:)
but as diesels work slightly differently compared with petrol I am having to make it up as I go along. You shouldn't have too much trouble fitting one though imo, as there are lots of others out there who have already done this! as above there's lots of info about!

snoop69
Sunday 6th July 2008, 14:22
If you do fit one on an ME7 engine and it does cause 'issues', will removing it cure the problems or will it do something nasty?

I have a Forge one fitted to my Me7 & havent had any issues yet.

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 6th July 2008, 14:29
Its easy really if you want better performance don't fit one !!

Russ

nigelpwright
Sunday 6th July 2008, 15:49
ive had a bailey dump valve on my t5 for about 3 years with no issues what so ever my mate told me it just allows your turbo to kick in faster and earlier and reduces lag whether hes right or not i don't know but it certainly maid a difference and sounds awsome/

Storm-Troll
Sunday 6th July 2008, 16:40
Its easy really if you want better performance don't fit one !!

Russ

I Agree mate, If you fit one, u are then losing pressure through the DV adn so therefore losing speed and performance.....!!!!! Id rather just keep the performance and Stick a PA under the bonet and make Pshhhhh noises through the PA...:saythat::mischievo

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 6th July 2008, 16:46
I Agree mate, If you fit one, u are then losing pressure through the DV adn so therefore losing speed and performance.....!!!!! Id rather just keep the performance and Stick a PA under the bonet and make Pshhhhh noises through the PA...:saythat::mischievo

:) Very clever marketing has sold many dump valves :0 its ONLY for people with very large turbos :) for anyone that has one take it off your car for a couple of weeks then put it back on you will not keep it on the car for long :)

Russ

CONDYBOY
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:00
:) Very clever marketing has sold many dump valves :0 its ONLY for people with very large turbos :) for anyone that has one take it off your car for a couple of weeks then put it back on you will not keep it on the car for long :)

Russ

Don't aftermarket dv's close quicker than oem? Don't they also release the pressure quicker? or is it all hype??

If it is hype them its been a bloody good and extremely lucrative piece of spin!

Kal
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:29
If you just want it for the noise then don't bother get a BSR insuction kit!! Had Bailey DV on mine for about 18 months, had fitted the induction kit same time as the DV. Took DV off to sell recently and found that the induction kit was actually making all the noise!!

CONDYBOY
Friday 11th July 2008, 23:45
If you just want it for the noise then don't bother get a BSR insuction kit!! Had Bailey DV on mine for about 18 months, had fitted the induction kit same time as the DV. Took DV off to sell recently and found that the induction kit was actually making all the noise!!

Didn't you notice any difference in performance at all with a non oem dv?

Kal
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:04
Didn't you notice any difference in performance at all with a non oem dv?

None, it dumps the air out through the filter instead of the dv so didn't make any diff!!

CONDYBOY
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:39
Bummer! I've got a bailey dv for my car.