PDA

View Full Version : tyres

markt4
Friday 15th April 2005, 17:14
well its been raining here on/off for 2 days now , and ive had the t4 sideways twice :rally_dri ,while thrashing it in a big car park, great fun.
but the tyres i have on , ive not heard off and they didnt cope to well they are federal 205 - 50 - 16s , so i need some new ones any recommendations and what size's can i get??? with trying to get a d/v my budget is getting low so i can only afford the front 2 for now will get the back later

rich850t5
Friday 15th April 2005, 20:46
well its been raining here on/off for 2 days now , and ive had the t4 sideways twice :rally_dri ,while thrashing it in a big car park, great fun.
but the tyres i have on , ive not heard off and they didnt cope to well they are federal 205 - 50 - 16s , so i need some new ones any recommendations and what size's can i get??? with trying to get a d/v my budget is getting low so i can only afford the front 2 for now will get the back latereagle f1's seem to be a good choice as for a dump valve fraz is selling one for £50

GATHY
Sunday 15th May 2005, 14:34
im gonna get rid of my 18 inch wolfrace katana shadow chromes due to me been a bit of a country road blaster mostly in well over the ton mode and me constantly finding the biggest potholes on the planet ive damaged them.
i would take £200 for the 215/35/18 nankangs and the alloys come free with them.they still on my car so they are not that bad still drives fine to 80 then i little bit of vibration which disappears at 90.
my brother has a garage so i balance them up every time i hit a pothole hard.ive had them 2 months :pants:
im gonna down grade to 17s WITH A BIGGER TYRE and then drop the car to regain the handling of the 18s which is 100% better than volvos go at it and also traction on 18s is mint just quick shift to second and your off unlike the standard 16s that just spin up constantly.

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 15th May 2005, 14:39
but the tyres i have on , ive not heard off and they didnt cope to well they are federal 205 - 50 - 16s , so i need some new ones any recommendations and what size's can i get??? with trying to get a d/v my budget is getting low so i can only afford the front 2 for now will get the back later
i've got 225/35/18 federals on the front of mine & i'd certainly look at the getting the same make again

mat562be
Sunday 15th May 2005, 20:38
Despite my recently published woes, I'd recommend Eagle F1s to anyone - in either the GS D2 or GS D3 spec. Used em for years, on my last couple of cars, and now on my Volvo. Also used on traffic cars by my police force. They're a bit dearer than some (225/45 17"s are about £115 a go, fitted) but they last well and provide good grip in both wet and dry, with a progressive, non snatchy breakaway. The GS D3s - with the meaty thich tread pattern - are tremendous in the wet. Better than anything I've tried, other than Yoko AVS Sports.

mat562be
Sunday 15th May 2005, 20:39
p.s. What's a d/v...?

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 15th May 2005, 21:11
p.s. What's a d/v...?
dump valve

mat562be
Sunday 15th May 2005, 21:21
AAAAhhhhhhh..

It all becomes clear now. I had one on my Cosworth for a while - a Baileys one - but i took it off as it became a bit annoying and I got the piss taken too much...

One night I pulled into the car park at work and some of the shift had some whistles going, a la the marshals on the Corsica Rally....