PDA

View Full Version : Deadlocking

foz
Friday 15th April 2005, 13:46
Hello again educated people. Foz here again with a new question. Keyfobs on my car (1996 850R manual estate) are playing up again, so decided to lock it with the key. The deadlocking facility does not work now for some reason, and I was hoping someone could shed some light on why it has ceased working. When the fobs work, it deadlocks, you can hear it, but neither the drivers side or passenger side door will activate it from the key. It has GA1 on it, and an after market immobiliser so its not a big problem but it used to work, and it would be nice to restore it. Thanks in advance.

MattB
Friday 15th April 2005, 14:03
No doubt somebody more experienced will be able to shed more light on this than me, but I had the same problem when the battery went in my fob.

I replaced the batteries - £5/set from volvo (much to my amazement, cheaper than battery shops etc), reprogrammed the fobs and problem sorted - although I think I have the GAII alarm system...

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th April 2005, 15:05
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1466&highlight=MIffed+birmingham

Change batteries and use the standard reprogramming sequence. Check the fuses on the central locking (#6) and immobiliser (#4 & #8)

Redbrick
Friday 15th April 2005, 21:31
Forgive the obvious statement...

On mine at least, you lock it with the key by doing a 1/2 turn, you then come back a 1/4 turn and then lock again with another 1/4 turn. The last bit makes it deadlock, if you don't do the extra 1/4 turn it just locks...

Confused you will be ;)

tonypows
Monday 13th November 2006, 20:24
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1466&highlight=MIffed+birmingham

Change batteries and use the standard reprogramming sequence. Check the fuses on the central locking (#6) and immobiliser (#4 & #8)

Can you tell me what the standard reprogramming sequence is? My car battery went flat and I got a message saying 'Immobiliser See Manual'. The car starts but the central locking and alarm don't work using the remote control. Thanks in anticipation. Tonypows

T-5ones
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 00:02
Can you tell me what the standard reprogramming sequence is? My car battery went flat and I got a message saying 'Immobiliser See Manual'. The car starts but the central locking and alarm don't work using the remote control. Thanks in anticipation. Tonypows

Search is your friend...:)

Click here (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2077&highlight=fob+reprogramme)

Welcome to vpcuk by the way. Pop in to the new members and introduce yourself. You'd better have some pics to hand, mind!:saythat:

Tomcat
Friday 17th June 2011, 22:14
A thought occured to me tonight that's probably a stupid one, if I lock the car on the fob does it dead lock?.

p fandango
Friday 17th June 2011, 22:17
A thought occured to me tonight that's probably a stupid one, if I lock the car on the fob does it dead lock?.
so you thought you'd bring back a thread from 2006 lol. Don't think it does

Jamest5r
Friday 17th June 2011, 22:20

You been on the beer TC?? i understand what a hard week on the road is :).

Yes it dead locks from the fob :)

Where the hell did you find a thread 5yrs old to comment on??? lol

Volvostorm
Friday 17th June 2011, 22:34
TC been in the VPC thread graveyard!

Vikingxl
Friday 17th June 2011, 23:04
Hes getting desperate to beat wobbles or pedro to the 10k

Tomcat
Saturday 18th June 2011, 09:18
1...I was tired
2...I was being environmentaly friendly by re using an old thread.
3...Shut the hell up!...Lmao..

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 18th June 2011, 10:51
Holy Thread resurrection batman.

I think you should add the link above to your signature under the title - "previous threads"