http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/S70R/Picture014.jpg

:thewave:

fraz13
Saturday 11th November 2006, 18:21
Anyone wanna put a bet on how long before yer pulled lol

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 18:22
lol.. im hoping to make it at least a week,,, feel free to get a book on..lol
hey, im single,, i can afford the £30 fine..lol.. cant take it wiv ya,,, plus hardly ever see police in the country round here...:B_steerin

bubba_1986
Saturday 11th November 2006, 18:51
Fraser, ill put a fiver on with you lol. I say no more than a few days :biggrin:

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 18:56
Lol.. I drive my truck in the week, and my car at weekends,,lol,, you really wanna put a bet on a few days,,lol,, I would love a fiver.....

bubba_1986
Saturday 11th November 2006, 18:58
The fiver aint for you, is for Fraser. If you hadn;t told me tht i wouldn't say to forget tht lol

Would be good if you did get away with it though

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:00
lol.. lifes too short to worry about the little things in life,,,, Just for you matey, I will drive back and forth past every police station I can find so you can give Fraz the Fiver..lol

bubba_1986
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:04
lol, i dont wanna give him it. Good luck though

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:05
Nice one storm troll looks great!!

By the way your info switch is in the surgery as we speak!

bubba_1986
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:06
Nice one storm troll looks great!!

By the way your info switch is in the surgery as we speak!

My fog light switch needs surgery :(, dam standard green light went out

You got spare one Viking ? :biggrin:

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:11
Will have a look into it mate or send me yours and i will fix it

bubba_1986
Saturday 11th November 2006, 19:11
Will have a look into it mate or send me yours and i will fix it

Nice one, ill send you a pm

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 21:43
Cheers Underlord,,, Hows Surgery, is the Info Switch in Recovery yet????... lol

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th November 2006, 21:45
Surgery has been delayed by over indulgence in strongbow.Normal service will resume sometime tomorrow hopefully!!

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 21:46
lol.. sounds good Idea,, make sure you count all your Sponges before you sow her up....lol...

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 11th November 2006, 21:50
My show plates have the web address on them - is that enough?

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 22:01
sure is,,lol

Vikingxl
Saturday 11th November 2006, 22:02
My plate has got dinner on it whats wrong with you people lol

Storm-Troll
Saturday 11th November 2006, 22:04
lol.. Liquid diet I guess then..lol

T5SLAVE
Sunday 12th November 2006, 13:53
That's a lovely lookin R u got there my man:eclipsee_

I too think u may have problems with the local bobbies but hey the plates look bloody good nonetheless:P

A m8 o mine has an M3 with German style plates on his dark coloured beast n it too looks bl**dy lovely, weird how plates can alter the look sooo much?! At the end o the day the lettering n spacing is still reasonably good n clear...

Baj
Sunday 12th November 2006, 18:33
But the plates are black.

If they nick you three times they will take the reg off you.

Storm-Troll
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:30
Im not sure about that. I was told by the guy in the shop,, as he has been pulled too,, that all they do is fine you £30 and thats it..
But the first time im pulled, i will ask what the situation is,, then if it is right about three times and thats it,, then I will change them,, dont know if you dont play...lol

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:34
Good luck storm-troll,

I had these plates on my car for two weeks and then got pulled over and asked to remove them. It's only because the copper was one of my customers that he let me off with the £30 on the spot fine.

If they pull you 3 times they can take away the registration. My plates look rather tame compared to yours.The silver on black you have are only allowed on cars registered before 1976 in the U.K.

Good luck.:Handshake

Storm-Troll
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:39
i can see i might have to change them, but hey, i will wait for a tug first,, i love to see police cars up close with all those flashy shiney lights..lol..

if black plates are visibly legal on pre 76 cars,, what makes them ilegal on post 76,, whats good for one must be good for the other surely?? its like saying,, your dad can have a tash, coz he is older,, but when you get to his age,, your still not allowed one,,,, its all over my head..
lol

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:48
i can see i might have to change them, but hey, i will wait for a tug first,, i love to see police cars up close with all those flashy shiney lights..lol..

if black plates are visibly legal on pre 76 cars,, what makes them ilegal on post 76,, whats good for one must be good for the other surely?? its like saying,, your dad can have a tash, coz he is older,, but when you get to his age,, your still not allowed one,,,, its all over my head..
lol

Tell me about it. Up until two years ago you could come into my shop and just ask for a number plate and i'd make it however you wanted.Now you must bring in your V5 document along with proof of who you are. Then i can only make a plate with the correct spacing and standard letters.On the bottom of the plate it must have the suppliers name and post code to.

I have so many confrontations with customers who think i'm being awkward, but it's the law now.If i dont follow the rules i can get fined and loose the licence to make plates.

However i can make you a "show plate". this entails you signing a disclaimer saying the plate is for "show or off road use only".It's then your look out.

By the way i think i'm correct,but not only can you be fined £30 you could also get 3 points.

Storm-Troll
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:03
hey,, what do points make????.. i used to have 9, buit im clean now,, i miss them really,,,lol

The Flying Banana
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:12
surely they only take the number off you if it is a private reg or a reg made to look something it isnt ...in Storm Trolls case he has altered the colours and its not a private reg so whats it cant be taken away ..i have run black and silver plates before and have had a tug but the cops are not overly fussed if its teh right spacing and right font..ie E596 ODF should be black on yellow or white but ODF 596E can be on either legally so as it is not any harder to read the will most probs just tell you to change it unless they are real jobs worths !!!

PS the fact the font is wrong doesnt help if it were correct shape size etc it might get overlooked

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:17
surely they only take the number off you if it is a private reg or a reg made to look something it isnt ...in Storm Trolls case he has altered the colours and its not a private reg so whats it cant be taken away ..i have run black and silver plates before and have had a tug but the cops are not overly fussed if its teh right spacing and right font..ie E596 ODF should be black on yellow or white but ODF 596E can be on either legally so as it is not any harder to read the will most probs just tell you to change it unless they are real jobs worths !!!

PS the fact the font is wrong doesnt help if it were correct shape size etc it might get overlooked

His spacing is incorrect.

Storm-Troll
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:17
The reg is registered to that car,, so i guess your right,, private ones they can take off but standard are for that car only...

The Flying Banana
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:21
His spacing is incorrect.

Thast what i said, so is the font

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:22
The reg is registered to that car,, so i guess your right,, private ones they can take off but standard are for that car only...

I take it you have just edited some digits out of the photo. If it is just a standard plate then no,they cannot take it away from you. I thought it was a 5 divgit private plate like mine.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:31
Not being funny but is N3 MTK a private plate.....private plates are surely a plate that stands out (possibly dateless ) with a word or initial content without having the standard year prefix on it ...so in other words N3 MTK is a normal issue plate with 2 number and letters that suit you ... the whole private plate thing puzzles me these days....its liek sticking an irish plate on and claiming it has a private plate ..... just my opinion tho ...

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 12th November 2006, 20:35
Not being funny but is N3 MTK a private plate.....private plates are surely a plate that stands out (possibly dateless ) with a word or initial content without having the standard year prefix on it ...so in other words N3 MTK is a normal issue plate with 2 number and letters that suit you ... the whole private plate thing puzzles me these days....its liek sticking an irish plate on and claiming it has a private plate ..... just my opinion tho ...

Yes it's a private plate because it's my initials.....just my opinion tho.....