PDA

View Full Version : back of SC-901 with prologic

bruceybonus
Friday 10th November 2006, 20:33
Can some one please point out which bits do what on the attached picture please..

could the volvo to rca convertor just be attached to the lead which plugs into the AMP socket for for the sound signal?

bubba_1986
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:28
Yes the AMP 6 pin din cable is what is used to convert to 2 left and right RCA plugs, with ur blue remote wire aswell

Your 8 pin din to 2nd left of it is for cd changer, and one in beetween is for your dolby middle speaker

The middle to are for wireing harness, and green socket is something to do with dolby i think

1 of the holes on far left is for radio, and the other i cnt remember

T-5ones
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:44
1 of the holes on far left is for radio, and the other i cnt remember

Possibly the aerial socket and a phone cable input?

bubba_1986
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:48
Possibly the aerial socket and a phone cable input?

Yep ur probaly right simon, didn't realise tht

fraz13
Friday 10th November 2006, 22:02
Mate check out ponst number 8 on this thread....... http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4781

That will tell you what each wire is....

You could go to your local car audio dealer and buy a wiring harness adaptor and plug n play....

bruceybonus
Saturday 11th November 2006, 09:42
ahh good thread.. still a little confused but in going to have go at popping one of these in... if i can get the iso changer and rca thingy

fraz13
Saturday 11th November 2006, 11:34
I'll simple it down for you lol

When you disconnect your Volvo HU, You (if you have more than 1 or 2 wires coming out the smaller plug) should be able to plug straight in your new wiring harness (bought from local ICE shop) into these plugs.... If you only have 1 or 2 wires coming from the smaller plug then you must follow the mass of wires down the back of the dash and you should find 2 other plugs which should be wrapped in foam... Unplug these and plug in your new wiring harness ;)
If your still stuck later I'll go and get some pics for you

bruceybonus
Saturday 11th November 2006, 14:36
with you now... yes there is only 1 wire from the smaller plug, and ive found the equivalent wrapped up.. gonna try it now! just hope ive got the radio code handy! :)

bruceybonus
Sunday 12th November 2006, 10:28
coolio.. all working.. sounds much better witht he speakers that are in there.. may change the top dash tweeters though.. fine in the back but not so good in the front!.. didn't need to use the amp bypass lead either ( buy may try it an see if it makes any difference )

fraz13
Sunday 12th November 2006, 10:30
Nice 1, glad its working :D Standard speakers are great but HU's are cack!!!

bruceybonus
Sunday 12th November 2006, 16:48
yeah.. bloody tweeters aint working though..:(.. may need the amp bypass lead afterall

bruceybonus
Sunday 12th November 2006, 16:48
yeah.. bloody tweeters aint working though..:(.. may need the amp bypass lead afterall