PDA

View Full Version : Servicing

MattB
Friday 15th April 2005, 11:10
My 96 854 T5 is now due its annual service -95k miles.

Can anyone recommend a decent friendly garage in the Bournemouth / Dorset area?

Failing that - I can change plugs, filter and oil, air filter, ignition leads, rotor arm and cap myself. (But how do I get around having the logbook stamped?)Are there any additional specific checks that need to be carried out?

Also, any ideas on how to reset the service light on the vehicle?

Thanks in advance...

:confused:

andi t5
Friday 15th April 2005, 12:57
dead easy to work on 90k service is prety basic contact someone like german and swedish for the parts i wouldnt worry about a stamp the cars not worth enough and is to old for this to effect its value really, service schedules can be found on the voc website

MattB
Friday 15th April 2005, 13:21
dead easy to work on 90k service is prety basic contact someone like german and swedish for the parts i wouldnt worry about a stamp the cars not worth enough and is to old for this to effect its value really, service schedules can be found on the voc website

Tnaks Andi,

Have just joined the voc site - guess now i have to wait for the magazine to come thru the post and enter the password etc from it?

Matt.

nikgallagher
Friday 15th April 2005, 13:43
PM your e-mail address to me and i'll send you the volvo servicing schedule. BTW you don't need to be a VOC member to use the VOC forum, just register your details and post away!
Service light can be reset by your local independant. Ring around a few and one of them is bound to do it for nothing or a drink.

MattB
Friday 15th April 2005, 13:56
PM your e-mail address to me and i'll send you the volvo servicing schedule. BTW you don't need to be a VOC member to use the VOC forum, just register your details and post away!
Service light can be reset by your local independant. Ring around a few and one of them is bound to do it for nothing or a drink.

Damn! - just joined!
oh well, guess i'm now an official member of voc.
Thanks muchly for your offer of the service sheet - just downloaded it form voc.

I'm ok with both changing and checking the basics, but flame traps etc look complicated. Car drives well and has no obvious defects or leaks etc - perhaps best to get a garage to service it and be reassured?

andi t5
Friday 15th April 2005, 14:57
do it yourself mate, at least you will know its right, call me a cynic but pound to a pinch of ££££ they wont touch your flametrap or anything else they think they can get away with, anyway the flametrap should have been removed by now and if it aint its certainly not complicated ,get yourself a vadis dvd and your away

MattB
Saturday 16th April 2005, 00:25
do it yourself mate, at least you will know its right, call me a cynic but pound to a pinch of ££££ they wont touch your flametrap or anything else they think they can get away with, anyway the flametrap should have been removed by now and if it aint its certainly not complicated ,get yourself a vadis dvd and your away

Thanks Andi,

I'll look around for one...

:B_blite:

MattB
Saturday 16th April 2005, 00:39

Just had a look on eBay - several different versions - which one is best?
I assume this is what I am after??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18438&item=7968454438&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW (http://)

siamblue
Saturday 16th April 2005, 01:49
Damn! - just joined!
oh well, guess i'm now an official member of voc.
Thanks muchly for your offer of the service sheet - just downloaded it form voc.

I'm ok with both changing and checking the basics, but flame traps etc look complicated. Car drives well and has no obvious defects or leaks etc - perhaps best to get a garage to service it and be reassured?

You'll get 10% of parts and servicing if you have joined,Which ain't too bad if you have to get genuine parts.

MattB
Saturday 16th April 2005, 11:33
You'll get 10% of parts and servicing if you have joined,Which ain't too bad if you have to get genuine parts.

Thats not bad - do the parts have to be ordered thru the site or is 10% discount given at volvo dealers / independents?

siamblue
Saturday 16th April 2005, 20:21
10% at the dealers just take your membership card with you when you order.