PDA

View Full Version : Service light

Baj
Friday 10th November 2006, 18:54
The service light has just appeared on my dash.
It goes out after a few minutes of running.

Is this normal?
Is it on due to a problem or is it a predetermined mileage?
I have just rolled over 164k.

splatt
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:30
Its normal, light will stay on for a few mins after ignition is turned on, you may be able to reset it easily depending on your car.
The light comes on after the eleccy gizmos work out thet your car has done too many miles since the last reset or it has been thrashed around, inteligent service reminders...great.

neevo
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:51
Treated myself to a reset tool as I couldn't get that dongle to work. Still not tried it but it is supposed to do x70s too if you want to come round and try it.

freaky fingers
Sunday 6th July 2008, 07:13
If it is just the service light then they have a combined set, normally either a set mileage from the last service/reset or a time period from the last service/reset.

As you've mentioned it stays on for a momment or two once the engine is started then goes off, this is normal

what car is it on , year etc?

Mine is a phase one 97 v70 and has to be done with a reset tool/programme but many can be done by yourself with a very basic instruction and fiddling around with some buttons/ignition key locations.

Use the search facility for service reset and see if one of those methods can help.

Rufe
Sunday 6th July 2008, 11:24
try this, cant remember if it works on S60's but may do

turn ignition to position 1

hold in trip resest button

turn ignition to position 2 (while still holding button down)

wait for service light to start flashing on and off

release button

switch off ignition.

give it a go mate

Baj
Sunday 6th July 2008, 12:53
*cough* Date *cough*
Ironically my light has just come on again. It must be a time thing as I have barely done 2k miles since last time.

Rufe
Sunday 6th July 2008, 13:16
lmao, this time travel is too confusing for me

freaky fingers
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:31
I wondered how long after I replied to an old thread it would be before someone else did

I'm sticking to that exscuse

CONDYBOY
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:39
Thanks guys back to 2006 now to sort out the srl.

Loadsamiles
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:45
So ? did you get it serviced back in 2006.....

CONDYBOY
Sunday 6th July 2008, 17:55
Yep and only don 86,546mls on that oil change. the next time the srl came on I just took the bulb out. no more probs!LOL:D

Baj
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:21
So ? did you get it serviced back in 2006.....

I think we are all having brainspasms.
That wasn't even this car! I didn't own it then.

Vikingxl
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:38
Off topic but sort of related due to the timewarp factor question...

Condyboy is it me or has your sister lost a few years in the timewarp here on the forum??

Loadsamiles
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:43
I think we are all having brainspasms.
That wasn't even this car! I didn't own it then.

Yes I know,,, But DID you get the other one serviced when the light had come on .....

The white one....

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:13
Let's get one thing clear my Sister has definately overdone it with the OLAY REGENERIST cream but hey at least you guys know what she's gonna grow into! LOL

Seriously tho' that's my Son and he's just started smiling, and it was ever so cute I had to use it! Sorry but parents always think their kids the cutest and it's all they're supposed to talk about, all he does is eat sleep and squeal (and the other) and then when your really tired and just want him to shut the flip up he smiles! SWINE!

Baj
Thursday 10th July 2008, 12:49
Yes I know,,, But DID you get the other one serviced when the light had come on .....

The white one....

Um not sure. Maybe.
It never went to Volvo but I did have a mate do the cambelt and usual stuff (he is a mechanic)