PDA

View Full Version : 56 K aqnd requires another auto box !!!!

999Kent
Friday 10th November 2006, 18:27
Help my V70 T5 has done only 56k since VOLVO put an auto box in it at a cost of £3405 -- it has now gone bang and volvo dont want to know - great customer relations !!! :cussing: - does anyone know of a good gearbox place in/around the Kent / Sussex area ? HELP :cry:

999Kent
Friday 10th November 2006, 18:29
Forgot to say it is a 50-42LE 4 speed box in a 99 T ME7 V70 Thanks :sorry:

Wobbly Dave
Friday 10th November 2006, 20:34
I feel your pain. I had my AW50-42 box go on 1997 850R. Cost me 1000 quid to get it fixed.

Salvo usually have a good supply of aisin warner boxes. There is forum discount available.
www.salvogroup.co.uk (http://www.salvogroup.co.uk)

Perhaps you might also want to think about improving the life of the next one

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11429&highlight=automatic

Terminator
Monday 7th July 2008, 12:30
I wouldn't give up so easily on getting recompense from Volvo, providing you have receipts and evidence of service history. I would be pursuing the manufacturing defect angle especially as it has failed after such a low mileage.

A carefully worded letter to Volvo UK rather than going via your local dealer may do the trick.

cookie
Monday 7th July 2008, 12:47
does sound a bit odd to fail at such low mileage. I assume oil cooler pipework etc was checked when box was replaced. I would pursue volvo further.

What is current mileage?, what was mileage when box was replaced?, when was gearbox replaced? Tow Bar/heavy towing, has vehicle been towed? is car coasted in N to save petrol?

Has car had Dealer servicing between replacement box and now?

chow
Monday 7th July 2008, 13:10
As long as you havent been a total bone head and run it without oil etc id say youve got a case for the box not being "fit for purpose "get some decent legal advice, uk consumer laws are very good

readview
Tuesday 8th July 2008, 14:37
Hi,pm me the part no's from the vin tag on the top of the box,we do have a few in stock so we may have one to match.I would be taking advice from trading standards though first as that is a lot of money to throw to the wall !
Good luck,Adam.