PDA

View Full Version : Wat Dump Valve??

GAZ-MAN
Friday 10th November 2006, 10:12
hi all maybe getting a volvo t5 in next day or two, looking to get a loud dump valve if u can u think the bailey d36 is the best one? the one with the wee trumpet on the end?

nobananas
Friday 10th November 2006, 12:37
Dunno if you know mate but T5's don't have a bov. They have a recirc valve built into the side of the turbo. You can fit a dump valve if you like but you have to remove the recirc valve and blank off the hole. You can buy a kit to blank off the recirc valve, search the forum for more info. Good luck with your new motor.

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:05
What happens if you don blank off the recirc valve??

Dacvolvo
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:16
The system will still try to dump in at the old & new valves.

I had a Bailey DV26 fitted a few weeks ago and it's great, but I still have the standard recirc valve attached - therefore the blow off Bailey valve is quieter than it should be.

I have a blanking off plate to fit, but it's such a pain in the tits to fit and I've just not managed to find the time yet ;)

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:23
I used to have a baileys on my V70 T5 and then fitted a turbosmart DV to my S70R and never fitted a blanking plate to either of them. Never seem to have any problems with them but i never knew that you were meant to blank the recirc off.
Come to think of it though thats probably why my baileys wasnt very loud.

Dacvolvo
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:29
I used to have a baileys on my V70 T5 and then fitted a turbosmart DV to my S70R and never fitted a blanking plate to either of them. Never seem to have any problems with them but i never knew that you were meant to blank the recirc off.
Come to think of it though thats probably why my baileys wasnt very loud.
Yeah - you'll still hear them, but they'll be quieter than they would be with a blanking plate fitted ;)

Here's mine: http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13978&highlight=dump

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:31
Has anyone else tried the turbosmart DV's before?

wootty
Friday 10th November 2006, 19:46
no i havent,yet.got the bailey dv venturi on mine with a forge plate.i must admit its quiet but can hear it well at around the 4 grand mark.bloke down the road with an rs turbos got one and can hear it from bloody miles away,dont know why t5 lumps dont dump excessivly etc.

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 20:01
when i had the turbosmart on my rica'd S70 R i used to be able to leave my mates house and he could hear me about 1 1/2 miles away when i got back in town. Used to get loads of attention with it. Even louder once i stripped the lining off the bonnet. depends how loud you like them. that was without blanking the recirc aswell.

fraz13
Friday 10th November 2006, 20:46
Av had Baileys DV's and Forge DV's and now run a Blitz BOV....

Baileys are good, long lasting but not the loudest, more suited to F*rds....

Forge are louder but diaphrams are weak

Blitz are crazy loud, Best av had anyway.......

I blank off Recirc DV just so the Atmospheric is louder..... No harm in leaving it in tho....

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:02
Fraz- where do you have your Blitz BOV fitted to??

fraz13
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:22
Its a bit dark to be taking pics but here ye go ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/HPIM3476a.jpg

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:28
Cheers mate. That looks like a beast of a BOV. Is that fiited on your new car??

BlackBeast
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:32
Best place is as close to the throttle body as possible.

fraz13
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:36
It is a beast mate, it scares the old folks :D Its on ma new car now, it was on the S70 before but had no pics...

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:42
Did you just make that hose where its fitted yourself? I had myne fitted in the hose that runs straight from the throttle body but myne looked a different setup to yours. Do you take your vacuum off the tree on top of the manifold?

fraz13
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:51
No mate that pipes a Volvo part..... My system is reverse IC and I had to put it there as there wasnt any room on the pipe the comes out the throttle body and didnt want to cut into the metal pipe ;)

smithson007
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:57
Ah right i see. Cheers mate. Changing subject slightly have you had much interest in your S70??

Dacvolvo
Friday 10th November 2006, 21:58
Hey Fraz - where's the spark plug cover - you painting it right now?

;)

fraz13
Saturday 11th November 2006, 10:48
Na smithson not a bean.... No to fussed yet tho as its given me plenty time putting it back to standard and getting the new one kitted out..... Maybe in the next week or two I'll get in advertised.

Dac a canny mind what you asked lol Aw aye just had to look back there, The oil filler cap seal was pouring oil into the top of the engine, it was then pouring down the back onto the turbo causing plenty of smoke and even a small bit of flamage..... New seal and all is well, Just left it off a few days to keep an eye on it and not managed to put it back on yet..... It should be getting painted soon :D