PDA

View Full Version : u think ur rica 304 volvos are good?wait till u see.

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:27
me just got my volvo t5 engine fitted and runing bang on in my vw beetle (rica 304)
ive tasted the rica304 power lol ,££££ing hell ive nearly scared my self half to death lol ,its defo fuel i ripped the inline filters out and tryed it still same so then ive swopped the feul lines around as i thought one was blocked and just bin for a test run friggin hell lol its like a jet with a rocket up the rear end lol boost boost gauge now shoots up nr 1.0barr of boost on my boost gauge ,the arse end was twitching as i powerd the right foot to the floor lol jesus christ,ive just had great boost changeing thew the gears 1,2,3,4 lol the front end stayed down thow ,so new fuel lines and steel inline filter ,i think it will sort it , christ im shaking here lol ,i honerstly carnt belive what has just happernd ,i thought it pulled well from 0-80 mph then the thing seems to go again lol ive evern got problems now holding the steering wheel ,u volvo t5 owners this is arsome , if this dosent do 10second down that pod ill show my arse lol .unbeliveable .

bubba_1986
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:29
Get some more vid's up :biggrin:

Tomcat
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:07
I hate to say it but.........WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!,Lol

Glad yuor enjoying it

afst5
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:09
good man get some vids up here

Tosh
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:22
I just love reading about this! it's ££££in' mad! Vid, vid, vid....

T-5ones
Friday 10th November 2006, 12:20
Fantastic!

I must admit I was sad when you originally said it wasnt working that well previously.

Babybadger
Friday 10th November 2006, 12:54
I am watching you powernut........with baited breath...lol .. Superb!

Be warned it will take off at about 120/130 mph again if you get the induction right!

I have always said that a T5 lump mid/rear mounted would be an awsome car, like an Ultima chassis or something. I am suprised Jaguar hasn't gone for it out of the Volvo parts bin.

I have been considering a beach buggy for ages with a different lump in it, was looking at a harley/big v twin engine, but a T5 lump may be on the cards, judging at your success. Would love you to post up a 'how-to' with tuning the engine up etc. Is the gear linkage the same?

I would have thought 'wheelie bars' might be needed for yours, and more downforce on the front end.

stuAWD
Friday 10th November 2006, 18:44
:worthless
mad, mad, mad, sounds wonderful.

V70Man
Saturday 11th November 2006, 06:19
Sounds amazing mate, keep up the good work, and get a video up! :kiss:

powernut
Sunday 12th November 2006, 17:25
bloody hell lol lol im impressed with all ur replys ,as personly id thought ud hate it as its not in a volvo car?
a couple of answers here,
regards videos ive some of the bug idioling ?
only these at mo?
View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4bnofnk)
View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2qcfk9i)
mot in 2 weeks ..yipee lol
if some of you havent seen them?
im still told that a this bug is still undrpowerd at a 1.0bar of boost lol(friggin scars me ,just to say how bad it is i fitted some porshce 911 seats lol and when i booted it ,it snapped the internal wires in the back of my seat lol and **** it lol
ive bought a cam recorder but tryed to sort video out but dam rain permitting at mo?(bugs and rain dont mix lol),ive enoegh probs when its dry?

(babybadger)Would love you to post up a 'how-to' with tuning the engine up etc. Is the gear linkage the same?

basicly all ive really done is fit a rica 304 ecu,left the rest as std as its in a lighter shell?
wired the loom up and dionostic socket
fit a few dash gauges
pump the water system
and cut weld the gearlinkage to work inplace of the old bug gearstick?maybe time takeing but easy really ,,
main probs were moding rear archers,gearlinkage
putting more strength into the bug shell
mounting the volvo t5 lump infront of the rear wheels and shoveing the engine further back so it has plenty of weight on and over the back wheels as really the volvo t5 fwd and this bug rwd has the same weight sat on it?

V70Man
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:38
That looks absolutely amazing mate.

I noticed you still have the 1300 badge on. Are you gonna replace it with a T5 badge, or are you leaving it on?

The looks mental anyway. It should be fun, in the same way that it might be fun to be pulled along on a skateboard by an F-16. :rotfl:

Babybadger
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 11:03
bloody hell lol lol im impressed with all ur replys ,as personly id thought ud hate it as its not in a volvo car?
a couple of answers here,
regards videos ive some of the bug idioling ?
only these at mo?
View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4bnofnk)
View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=2qcfk9i)
mot in 2 weeks ..yipee lol
if some of you havent seen them?
im still told that a this bug is still undrpowerd at a 1.0bar of boost lol(friggin scars me ,just to say how bad it is i fitted some porshce 911 seats lol and when i booted it ,it snapped the internal wires in the back of my seat lol and **** it lol
ive bought a cam recorder but tryed to sort video out but dam rain permitting at mo?(bugs and rain dont mix lol),ive enoegh probs when its dry?

(babybadger)Would love you to post up a 'how-to' with tuning the engine up etc. Is the gear linkage the same?

basicly all ive really done is fit a rica 304 ecu,left the rest as std as its in a lighter shell?
wired the loom up and dionostic socket
fit a few dash gauges
pump the water system
and cut weld the gearlinkage to work inplace of the old bug gearstick?maybe time takeing but easy really ,,
main probs were moding rear archers,gearlinkage
putting more strength into the bug shell
mounting the volvo t5 lump infront of the rear wheels and shoveing the engine further back so it has plenty of weight on and over the back wheels as really the volvo t5 fwd and this bug rwd has the same weight sat on it?

Superb mate, I am still in awe. How are you getting the air to the MAF? BTW leave the 1300 badge on it, it will come in handy when up against a scoobie, would love to see the look on his face!