PDA

View Full Version : ABS and TRACS light

Pliskin
Friday 15th April 2005, 09:36
Hi all,
I have got a 96 T5 saloon on which the ABS and TRACS lights keep coming on and going off at will.

Their arrival is accompanied by what I can only describe as a "boynging" sound, from the bonnet area, as if Zeberdee has just landed.

I have noticed the noise before if I have been unfortunate enough to drive through a pot-hole in the road, but the lights on those occassions have stayed off.

Aplologies for my complete and utter mechanical numbness and any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards to all.

Pliskin

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th April 2005, 10:03
I offer a repair service for your abs ecu.

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=224

Get the codes read first and make sure it isnt a faulty sensor (which can go).

I am happy to help. PM me if you want more details.

100% success rate to date.

steveT5
Friday 15th April 2005, 10:41
I havent heard zebedee land for some years !!! Good description !

mikey
Friday 15th April 2005, 11:29
dave's a dab hand with the ecu's he fixed mine mate,be wise and send it to his wobblyness.thanks dave!!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th April 2005, 11:33
You're are most welcome :B_blite:

I am happy that my record is still intact.

Pliskin
Friday 15th April 2005, 22:10
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I am off on my jollies tomorrow, but will do as you advise on my return.

Thanks again.

Pliskin

Wobbly Dave
Friday 15th April 2005, 22:45
Have a nice time and send us a postcard! LOL

colin123
Thursday 15th September 2005, 19:05
just like to say thanks to wobbly Dave, for quick turnround on repairing my abs ecu, all lights now out, hoping its going to stay that way, thanks agian dave. Colin :B_steerin

Ian C70T5
Thursday 15th September 2005, 22:06
am i right to assume if i take mine off and send it off to dave i cant drive my car. or will it work (but without ABS) with no module fitted?

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 17th September 2005, 01:05
Ian - Panic ye not and read....

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=224

In particular the legal bit at the end. You will lose your speedo with the unit off. Up to you if drive it or not. If the ABS is bust then it is bust. All will be well in the end - trust me.

Please read and be assured

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4371

Ian C70T5
Sunday 18th September 2005, 09:29
I've got to book the car in for service for next week, once that is done i'll take the module off when i get home i'll send it off to you mate.

i only live 2 miles from work so no speedo wont kill me

SaffronC70
Sunday 18th September 2005, 11:47
Hi

My ABS/TRACS came on/off last night for the second time in a week.

I believe it is something to do with the sensors in my case, in particular the rear off side, but further investigation will find out !

How much are new sensors ?

Chris

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 18th September 2005, 23:48
Chris,

The sensors are not that expensive. If the code is showing a short, my bet is on the ABS Control Unit.

pzorb
Saturday 18th November 2006, 23:43
I know this is daft, but how do you go about reading the codes for the ABS? The last 1000 miles have had it on four times, all sorted with a quickie (often rolling) restart. When I read the codes with my homemade tool from the OBD2 port, all I got was 1-1-1. I looked in the Haynes, and the codes in 9.14 and 5B.5 seem to clash ie 2-1-4 means both RH and RPM respectively, so there must be something I'm missing.

The Haynes talks about some special device, but I have the OBD2 port, and their description seems for the early models. It says at the start of the section that the 96' on models with the 16 pin OBD2 have their codes accessed via that.

Pointer in the right direction needed :)