PDA

View Full Version : rear lights

oblark
Thursday 9th November 2006, 19:14
Hi,

As the dark nights are here I thought I would check the all the lights.I noticed that I only had 1 fog light on the drivers side, is this right ?
with the aid of a piece of wire I now have a fog light on each side.

The top side lights are double filament bulb but only the 5w filament is used, does anyone know what the the 21w filament is used for ?

Thanks

t5owner
Thursday 9th November 2006, 19:53
The fog light malarky is correct volvo in its wisdom decided that one fog light would beenough as thats all the law requires you to have although i believe you can make the other one work as well but i think there is a small piece of metal missing that supplys power to the bulb itself

Cheers

stuart

The Flying Banana
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:25
On mine the light unit had a small peice of moulded plastic where the bulb goes thru that snapped off, stuck a bulb in and wha hay two fog lights!!!!

Tosh
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:27
One to look at this weekend.

bubba_1986
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:55
t5owner I sent you a pm mate, oh and i have only one fog light on rear on c70 aswell.

oblark
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 18:40
I got hold of a drivers side lower bulb holder and it fits into the passengers side, I now have fog lights on both sides.

The top side lights are double filament bulb but only the 5w filament is used, does anyone know what the the 21w filament is used for ?

madleee
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 19:41
I soldered a jumper across the missing strip as in another thread on VOC I believe.
With using a R/H bulb holder check for fit.
On my car there are moulded pegs on the R/H bulb holder to prevent fitment on the wrong side.
Cut these off and 'Viola' it fits in the L/H position.