PDA

View Full Version : 4 pot upgrade, DIY.

siamblue
Thursday 9th November 2006, 17:52
Well it has been a longtime coming, but today i fitted my 4 pots in the first trial, The brackets had been a longtime coming but the wait was well worth it, I did initially buy some bracket blanks from Germany but these weighed in at over 1.5kg each before drilling and tapping the holes, the brackets i had fabricated up weigh in at 500 grams each exactly, that is a massive saving in weight even against the standard 302mm brackets,
Here are a couple of pics,
At the moment i have decided to run these with a 302mm disc, but i do have the option of fitting the 330mm disc if need be,

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/siamblue/10300005.jpg

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/siamblue/10300006.jpg

Gary.

BlackBeast
Thursday 9th November 2006, 17:57
Excellent Gary!!!! Have you driven it yet with that setup???? Go for the 330mm discs :)

I though you were selling the awd?

grumpybob
Thursday 9th November 2006, 19:18
Looking Good.

Any plans to get some brackets made up for sale??

Bob

siamblue
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:40
Excellent Gary!!!! Have you driven it yet with that setup???? Go for the 330mm discs :)

I though you were selling the awd?

Not driven it yet, and thanks for the thumbs up BB about the braided hoses ;)Today i just wanted to see if the brackets worked and everything lined up, brackets might be up for sale in the future i will have to ask the machinist and more importantly the foreman whether he can do some more,
As for selling it, the new car i want isn't in the country yet, but i have people telling me not to do it, for financial sakes lol,
My car has been off road now for 2 weeks waiting for tyres to come in so with not driving it i wanted to sell it, On the tyre front I told MYTYRES to stick their order, So i have Eventyres turning up in the morning to get me back on the road,

Gary,

PS have a nice dual Ferrita turning up next week for a early xmas pressie,

BlackBeast
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:54
Not driven it yet, and thanks for the thumbs up BB about the braided hoses ;)

What did I say? my memory is worse than a goldfish lol

iGGy
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:43
Looking good...need the big discs though :wink:

Have those calipers got a tint of pink to them? :mischievo

siamblue
Thursday 9th November 2006, 23:14
What did I say? my memory is worse than a goldfish lol

That the hose connections are the same for the standard Volvo caliper to the Porsche 4 pot :)

They are supposed to be Lilac not Pink lol, thought it was better than Purple with red,

Gary,

BlackBeast
Thursday 9th November 2006, 23:43
That the hose connections are the same for the standard Volvo caliper to the Porsche 4 pot :)

They are supposed to be Lilac not Pink lol, thought it was better than Purple with red,

Gary,

Ah yes, as long as they are nice and tight you wont have a problem :)

I thought they were white lol.