PDA

View Full Version : 208,157 and going strong M reg T5 glt

850 t5 207k
Friday 15th April 2005, 01:54
hello everyone havent been on for a while,

have just finally prized the v5 off my brother to his t5 which i have been sharing with him for a few months until he got a new car. I dont know whether anyone remembers but i'm the lucky G*t who managed to get a t5 for free off my brother as it had 207k on the clock!!! wimp!

Now at 208,157 and going strong -judging by my recent trip down the m4 london-bristol :B_steerin hehe! (I think the front was glowing white afterwards)
(be careful for mandatory 70mph speed limit J14 swindon -J18 Bath camera vans on bridges!).

Just wondering whether anyone has any tips for servicing priorities/ i have a limited budget and want to get an intergalatic mileage if possible!! Will change all plugs/ filters and oil. Do i need to check cambelt (think was done at 180k) and intercooler?!? The only things which look ropey are a slight lip on the front discs and an extremely rusty exhaust (original exhaust). :help:

Everything else is fine the car absolutely flies otherwise (so im told) !! definately built to last :tank:
Any suggestions appreciated towards protecting the engine from ware.

:doh: By the way its and - red 850 saloon-manual GLT

steveT5
Friday 15th April 2005, 07:26
The 5K oil and filter change is the best thing you can do. I was once told by a mechanic, if you do nothing else to a car, make sure the oil is changed regularly.