PDA

View Full Version : can i use a mbc/bleed valve with this set up

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 12:30
rica 304 ecu
everything else is pritty mutch std
std 15g turbo
as i cant get it to boost any better then 0.5barr and dont wont to over boost my engine either?stil has the bcs coupled up 2?

Rnash2002
Thursday 9th November 2006, 13:20
Could it be that the acutator is playing up??,i would say you could try a mbc but dont use a bleed valve there not very safe.

SaffronC70
Thursday 9th November 2006, 14:50
Agreed, do you have a pump and gauge to set up the static actuator pressure (the point at which the actuator starts to open the wastegate).

ie. the wastegate stays closed, until 6psi pressure just starts to open gate.

To check feed 6psi to the actuator then the arm should squarely fit the wastegate arm on the turbo housing.

First port of call imo before messing with bleed valves !

I don't know what the static pressure is on an 850 T5 btw, better ask !

hth

Chris

Mrsmopp
Thursday 9th November 2006, 14:51
There is something amiss if it's only producing 0.5bar with RICA - make sure you have found the problem before you start upping the boost manually unless you want to see your rods again?

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:01
Could it be that the acutator is playing up??,i would say you could try a mbc but dont use a bleed valve there not very safe.
right matey ,a lot are saying dont use a mbc or bleed valve with a rica 304 ecu?but ive tryed a std ecu and theres no differance , but 2day i went to mot station ,while the engine was runing it splutterd and cut out but started straight back up?and then did the same again but ive noticed the fuel pump was making a high pitch noise?so ive ripped the fuel system and pipes off to see if theres any blockage?(fingers crossed)

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:03
Agreed, do you have a pump and gauge to set up the static actuator pressure (the point at which the actuator starts to open the wastegate).

ie. the wastegate stays closed, until 6psi pressure just starts to open gate.

To check feed 6psi to the actuator then the arm should squarely fit the wastegate arm on the turbo housing.

First port of call imo before messing with bleed valves !

I don't know what the static pressure is on an 850 T5 btw, better ask !

hth

Chrishi i dont have pump and gauge to set up the static actuator pressure , but ive had the turbo off and checked its working and made a suction unit to see if the wastegate actorater moves which it dose ,

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:05
There is something amiss if it's only producing 0.5bar with RICA - make sure you have found the problem before you start upping the boost manually unless you want to see your rods again?
i know im thinking the same and some times im not getting o.5bar either?good chose matey ive ripped the feul injection off and all the feul pipes 2 as im sure my injection pump shouldnt make a high pitch noise?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:15
All your bits are from an 850 am I right? The fuel pump is quite a common fault on the 850's so i'd certainly look into that further.

The RICA'd ecu is mapped/chipped (whatever you want to call it) for about 1.1 bar - anything substantially less than that is idicating there is a problem and if you put an mbc on to over ride the ecu then your safety zone is lost and with all the work you've put into it I'd hate for it to go bang.

I assume you have checked all the obvious things like vac hoses/air leaks etc?

volvotuning
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:27
Have you also checked that the BCS pipes are the correct way round...

Red to Compressor
Yellow to Actuator
Blue to Air Intake between MAF and turbo.

Adam.

SaffronC70
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:39
If it's open until you are sucking it closed this could be related to bad adjustment ?

I'd have that checked out.

Chris

powernut
Thursday 9th November 2006, 19:54
right guys we have rica power lol lol words carnt explain who this bug powers off ,all pipes are right followed daigraims ,,

ive tasted the rica304 power lol ,££££ing hell ive nearly scared my self half to death lol ,its defo fuel i ripped the inline filters out and tryed it still same so then ive swopped the feul lines around as i thought one was blocked and just bin for a test run friggin hell lol its like a jet with a rocket up the rear end lol boost boost gauge now shoots up nr 1.0barr of boost on my boost gauge ,the arse end was twitching as i powerd the right foot to the floor lol jesus christ,ive just had great boost changeing thew the gears 1,2,3,4 lol the front end stayed down thow ,so new fuel lines and steel inline filter ,i think it will sort it , christ im shaking here lol ,i honerstly carnt belive what has just happernd ,i thought it pulled well from 0-80 mph then the thing seems to go again lol ive evern got problems now holding the steering wheel ,u volvo t5 owners this is arsome , if this dosent do 10second down that pod ill show my arse lol .unbeliveable .

SaffronC70
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:05
Well done mate !

Chris

powernut
Sunday 12th November 2006, 19:35
only to lots of help and time i nearly bought a new bloody turbo lol and its saved a few quid2