PDA

View Full Version : rica 304 done

duncan bennett
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:17
well had the rica 304 map done today,with the bring a mate offer.drove it home and WOWwhat a difference there is loads more mid range and the boost gauge has gone mental.80 mph wheelspin,although it was damp,but the car now goes off down the road like a scoulded cat.fantastic job by the boys at vt bromsgrove.so glad i didnt go for the 280.thanks adam:cop:

thunderace
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:20
:mischievooh yes! and better mpg.....:)

volvotuning
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:43
well had the rica 304 map done today,with the bring a mate offer.drove it home and WOWwhat a difference there is loads more mid range and the boost gauge has gone mental.80 mph wheelspin,although it was damp,but the car now goes off down the road like a scoulded cat.fantastic job by the boys at vt bromsgrove.so glad i didnt go for the 280.thanks adam:cop:

Glad you like it! :) Don't forget to do the ignition and BCS pipes etc. If you need any help, just give us a call.

Adam.

duncan bennett
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 20:44
thanks mate will do them this weekend

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 21:32
glad your happy wiv it matey,, lookin forward to mine now,,,21 days to go,,,,agggg, too long..lol

wootty
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 22:15
my 304's nxt thursday.:)

Taylor S60R
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:05
Had mine done at the same time today. Again, WOW, what a difference, great job VT boys!!

Tosh
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:06
Enjoy the new car!!!

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:33
lol... I think its gonna be a long 3 weeks to go,,lol

Vikingxl
Thursday 9th November 2006, 00:36
Nice one glad you are happy!

lance
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:32
I just love it when someone posts after coming back from Vt , its like a new car and falling in love with your T5 all over again.,
I still love mine

Redbrick
Thursday 9th November 2006, 18:52
I just love it when someone posts after coming back from Vt , its like a new car and falling in love with your T5 all over again.,
I still love mine

So true,
those of us that have done it remember the drive home especially joining the M5 :mischievo , those that haven't had it done just sit there thinking it can't be that good, can it?

Storm-Troll
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:08
Lol,,, is it really that good??..lol.. Im about to find out,,, should I take a spare pair of pants???...lol

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:20
Lol,,, is it really that good??..lol.. Im about to find out,,, should I take a spare pair of pants???...lol

Put it this way, i took the missus with me when i had mine done in August and i swear there are still nail marks in the bolsters of the passenger seat where she hung on for dear life as i couldn't stop trying out the extra power at every oppurtunity. She also said i had the biggest smile on my face since our wedding night. lol. :confused:

Storm-Troll
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:32
lol... does anyone know if its legal to marry ya Volvo...lol

BlackBeast
Thursday 9th November 2006, 20:47

Its not THAT good. Driving it day in day out, you soon get used to it and forget that it isnt standard, especially if like me you dont have a louder exhaust.

One way of getting that feeling back though is by only driving it on the weekend having been driving a non turbo 1.7 diesel, only problem with that though is that you thrash it to within an inch of its life at every opportunity.

Best thing is to keep upgrading every so often, so 19t next, once your bored with that, garrett etc etc etc.

Babybadger
Friday 10th November 2006, 12:45

Is yours a manual?

Tosh
Friday 10th November 2006, 14:53
If it was the 304 map, should be an auto. 310 for the manuals normally.

volvotuning
Friday 10th November 2006, 15:25
If it was the 304 map, should be an auto. 310 for the manuals normally.

No, 310 is for C/S/V70 T5, not 850.

Adam.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 10th November 2006, 18:02
[QUOTE=BlackBeast]Its not THAT good. Driving it day in day out, you soon get used to it and forget that it isnt standard, especially if like me you dont have a louder exhaust.

One way of getting that feeling back though is by only driving it on the weekend having been driving a non turbo 1.7 diesel, only problem with that though is that you thrash it to within an inch of its life at every opportunity.

Very true,i use my t5r to get me to work and back,all in a 14 mile round trip and then just when i'm bored.

My other car is a 2004 honda civic 1.6 vetec which i drive if we go out as a family:snail: . I soon remember how powerful the volvo is when i get back in it. :biggrin:

wootty
Wednesday 15th November 2006, 16:43
getting mine done tomorrow,got a long drive though.