PDA

View Full Version : HKS SSQV Style BOV Group Buy

BlackBeast
Monday 6th November 2006, 22:42
Yet again, ive no idea where to post this, so apologies if its in the wrong section (mods move if you want) but there is no group buy section!!!

Who would be interested in a group buy for a HKS style SSQV BOVs??? i.e a Blow Off Valve. These arent the genuine £240 items hence the term style.

They come with a 3month manufacturer warranty.

They can be had for £39.99 each + delivery £6 to mainland UK.

I think a flange will be included in the price, but i will have to make sure of that.

If there is enough interest then I shall ask the company if they will do a discount for a group buy.

If you are interested then put your name into the list. I shall start it off.

1. BlackBeast

T5SLAVE
Monday 6th November 2006, 23:28
Hi Steve,

I may well b interested in one o these but am unsure why we'd fit one o these n not a good 'ole Baileys DV...please enlighten me m8, Im feelin very stoopid right now!

Also m8, slightly off topic (still in the engine bay tho) but what ever happened to the possible reverse IC pipe group-buy? I think u were right in amongst this one too IIRC?

Cheers
Mark.

BlackBeast
Monday 6th November 2006, 23:41
Hia mate, long time no chat, your never on msn!! Get on there and we'll discuss the pros and cons lol

MattB
Monday 6th November 2006, 23:48
Hi Steve,

I may well b interested in one o these but am unsure why we'd fit one o these n not a good 'ole Baileys DV...
I'd be interested to know the pro's and con's too...
Ta.

BlackBeast
Monday 6th November 2006, 23:59
Ok, to tired to write a full essay about them so here are 2 links for you to read over:-

Volvo specific stuff:-
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=48025

non volvo specific, browse past the anti lag talk:-
http://www.fccuk.org/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=G002&Number=197336&page=0&fpart=1

T5SLAVE
Tuesday 7th November 2006, 00:17
Ok, to tired to write a full essay about them so here are 2 links for you to read over:-

Volvo specific stuff:-
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=48025

non volvo specific, browse past the anti lag talk:-
http://www.fccuk.org/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=G002&Number=197336&page=0&fpart=1

Cheers dude,

Helpful as ever. Soz Im never on MSN, I am proper, proper busy right now...hence usually postin very late n hardly ever on here these days!

Hope ur well m8, n the beast is comin along nicely?

L8rs
Mark.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 23:58
Im just waiting for some info as to wether these items are the real deal i.e dual valve. If it is then il most likely get one, if it isnt then i defo wont be.

Yes Mark, the car only gets driven max 3 times a week, so i have plenty of time to work on it, ive got a mate who has a large garage with a pit and all the tools needed to maintain and modify a car, so i can see what im doing and not freeze to death aswell, always a bonus. So it wont be long until the coolant system is up to standard, BBKs on, custom pcv and intake system sorted and all the nice qbm stuff fitted, if they ever get to us that is :)

Hows yours doing?

Vikingxl
Thursday 9th November 2006, 00:33
I'm gonna pass on this one

T5SLAVE
Thursday 9th November 2006, 00:59
Hows yours doing?

Loooooong story m8...put it this way tho, when I do eventually stick the photos up on here it wont b a minute too soon n hopefully the beast 'll b lookin top banana:B_steerin Then it'll b back off the road 4 another, god knows how many months, whilst the engine n rest o the drive train r rebuilt...that's assuming I haven't lost interest in the project LMAO:biggrin:

shaun850
Thursday 9th November 2006, 01:06
I suspect you will need a blanking plate also.

i can supply these at a good price for a group buy :)

Serdar-S60T5
Thursday 9th November 2006, 13:37
hello... i was wondering if a BOV would do any good on a GearTronic S60 T5...? what do you think?

grumpybob
Thursday 9th November 2006, 19:20
I would be interested in one if they do turn ou to be the "real deal"

Let us know.

Bob