PDA

View Full Version : ecu upgrade

afst5
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:12
hi running my 1998 v70 t5 non eletric throttle with a biltz dual boost controller
running very well boost spikes 1.1 bar
do i need ecu upgraded as well? as surly the ecu will alter the fuel trim to match ??
if so how much i looked at vt tuning but cant find price for ecu up grade only
seen the offer on this site 500 for you and yourmate but price for one, billy no mates if needed
many thanks :confused:

powernut
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:21
hi running my 1998 v70 t5 non eletric throttle with a biltz dual boost controller
running very well boost spikes 1.1 bar
do i need ecu upgraded as well? as surly the ecu will alter the fuel trim to match ??
if so how much i looked at vt tuning but cant find price for ecu up grade only
seen the offer on this site 500 for you and yourmate but price for one, billy no mates if needed
many thanks :confused:
hi just bin reading your add bloody hell whats a biltz dual boost controller
running very well boost spikes 1.1 bar???any pictures and info ,and is it fitted inbetween the wastegat pipe as i carnt get anymore boost from my mreg 850 t5 .with a rica 304 fitted?i can only get o.5 barr(1.0barr is 14psi)
any info would be great

irf
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:30
surly the ecu will alter the fuel trim to match ??

dont know how much but you're right in that the chip will adjust fuelling and timing to suit.
just out of interest, if you're spiking to 1.1 bar, where does it settle?

afst5
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:36
TYPE S

The Spec S is the most cost effective boost controller available from Blitz. It features a single solenoid that diverts pressure away from the turbo actuator to achieve higher boost. This solenoid is linked to a smart control unit installed inside the car, which allows you to adjust the boost pressure manually.

The control unit has four programmable channels, each of which can be programmed with an individual boost setting to suit driving conditions or styles. For example, if it’s wet and you’re struggling around town to get traction, then you can select a channel you’ve set up with low boost. Alternatively if you’re taking part in a track day and want maximum speed, then you can select a channel with high boost for maximum power.
Another key feature of the SBC Spec S is a programmable boost limiter, which when activated prevents possible engine damage caused by the turbo(s) over boosting. You also have the option to enter a boost warning level, when this level is reached the control unit will alert you by beeping and changing the LCD background colour to Red. The Spec S is recommended up to 18 Psi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUAL SBC TYPE R

This is very similar to the Spec S, the main difference being the Spec R has twin solenoids meaning it can control up to 2.5 bar (36 Psi) of boost. All the functions are the same as the Spec S and the control unit is exactly the same size and shape. Both Spec S and R come supplied with a fitting kit and installation diagrams.

hi settles a 1 bar can go higer but value my con rods!!

afst5
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:39
hi i got the spec r one
it is ment for jap market but no probs fitting it .at 3000rpm .850bar pulls like a train!!

afst5
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:58
hi just bin reading your add bloody hell whats a biltz dual boost controller
running very well boost spikes 1.1 bar???any pictures and info ,and is it fitted inbetween the wastegat pipe as i carnt get anymore boost from my mreg 850 t5 .with a rica 304 fitted?i can only get o.5 barr(1.0barr is 14psi)
any info would be great

hi yes it fits in between the pipe to watse gate it has twin solenoids meaning it can control up to 2.5 bar (36 Psi) of boost it can shut or open wasegate instantly you can controll it all inside the car in FLIGHT as well is awsome you can switch it off back to standard settings or set programmes 1to 4 each changing your gain and ratios to get the car do do what you like when you like