PDA

View Full Version : Charity relay... erm 2007?

arbee
Sunday 5th November 2006, 01:41
Not to bump it up again, but what happened with this idea?

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10043

Mrsmopp
Sunday 5th November 2006, 12:09
I have had some major changing in my life recently so I haven't been able to give it my full attention - sorry but I cant put the forum before myself

chisai
Sunday 5th November 2006, 12:53
Mrs Mopp, well said. There are far too many people out there whose lifes are unfortunately ruled by other things which they think are more important. At the end of the day you are number and the forum can wait till you are ready and willing to take this further.
Chris

Adge
Sunday 5th November 2006, 12:56
I have had some major changing in my life recently so I haven't been able to give it my full attention - sorry but I cant put the forum before myself
Good thinking. It's good to know when to say "No"! Thanks for what you do anyway!

arbee
Sunday 5th November 2006, 15:31
Sorry, I never knew. Do as you need Moppy :) Lifes too short and all that!

Maybe I will resurect the idea next year if there is interest. I have a couple of other things planned too :D

tangomike24
Sunday 5th November 2006, 17:07
Just an idear but when the relay goes ahed, maybe we could do the legs to and from footy grounds. Im sure that we could cover the league grounds in england and maybe the SPL grounds over a month. The clubs could be contacted and asked to donate a signed footy shirt from each club. The club tell the fans on the following match day and then we auction the shirts off on E-bay at a publicised date and time!!!!!!
what do you think peeps!!! Might work!!

TM24

arbee
Sunday 5th November 2006, 18:13
sounds like a fab idea that :)

Mrsmopp
Sunday 5th November 2006, 18:23
The relay will be from dealership to dealership around the country (to keep with the Volvo theme) - the idea's/plans are already thought through they just need implementing and like I said I just cant do that right now - sorry

tangomike24
Sunday 5th November 2006, 18:49
92 teams in the English leagues and 12 in the SPL. Thats 3.5 grounds per day over a month. I for example could pick up at Brentford and do Swindon, Oxford and Reading. If it starts in the south west and goes across the south coast, Dover up to Gilly, Southend, Colchester in to london down the M4 (and Oxford) to Bristol and Cardiff then up to Birmingham and across the midlands to Ipswich, Blah Blah Blah. Im sure you get it.
It sounds like alot but i dont think it will take as much work as we think.

tangomike24
Sunday 5th November 2006, 18:52
The relay will be from dealership to dealership around the country (to keep with the Volvo theme) - the idea's/plans are already thought through they just need implementing and like I said I just cant do that right now - sorry

Sorry, i was not aware that a plan was already in place. It was just a suggestion. I understand you cant do it now but count me in for what ever and when ever.

TM24

philt6
Monday 13th November 2006, 17:18
OK Thanks
Will keep my eyes open
Mrs Mopp
Family First all the time