PDA

View Full Version : Over boost??????

chalky
Saturday 4th November 2006, 11:03
Yesturday whilst driving to work I was overtaking in third taking the revs to about 4500 odd when the power went completly dead!!(like someone had ripped the key from the ingnition!!). I had (he says sheepishly!) previously turn up the boost psi so the gauge on my 850 was reading all the way over!!! I have since the said above turned it back down to about 4/5ths the way over and i am still getting an intermittant power loss at high revs!!!! Any ideas???:wtf:

Ross9
Saturday 4th November 2006, 11:25
It's cold, could be as simple as the car just boosting slightly higher due to the cold weather and hitting the ECU's safety cut. Turn it down a decent amount, back to where it was before you did anything with it, and see if the problem persists.

Ross

volvotuning
Saturday 4th November 2006, 12:21
Yesturday whilst driving to work I was overtaking in third taking the revs to about 4500 odd when the power went completly dead!!(like someone had ripped the key from the ingnition!!). I had (he says sheepishly!) previously turn up the boost psi so the gauge on my 850 was reading all the way over!!! I have since the said above turned it back down to about 4/5ths the way over and i am still getting an intermittant power loss at high revs!!!! Any ideas???:wtf:

do a search. there is loads of info on the site about this.

Adam.

chalky
Sunday 5th November 2006, 09:19
do a search. there is loads of info on the site about this.

Adam.

Thanx Adam
would having the rica ecu remap done solve the fuel cut out prob???:snail:

powernut
Sunday 5th November 2006, 10:02
ur lucky ur getting overboost mine with the wastegate removed will only read just over 0.5//barr,ive also got the rica 304ecu but id still say it would have a safty cut out in the ecu for safty i reckon/still with my std turbo /std injectors id thought id get 270bhp? as u dont wont to be runing learn(overboosting) or bending any conrods i reckon,let me know if and when u sort it matey

volvotuning
Sunday 5th November 2006, 11:00
Thanx Adam
would having the rica ecu remap done solve the fuel cut out prob???:snail:

Yes it does.

Powernut, if you have RICA, then it's not the ECU that's causing the low boost problem.

Adam.

rabskyline
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 14:46
all turbo charged cars have a pre set fuel cut to stop the engine from destroying itself . thats probably what is happening !

2Fast
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 18:24
all turbo charged cars have a pre set fuel cut to stop the engine from destroying itself . thats probably what is happening !
I agree, you are more than likely boosting above the fuel cut pressure. It would be best to back it off to normal for now until you find out the maximum safe level.

CAMO
Wednesday 8th November 2006, 18:33
Drop a boost gauge on it mate, before you drop a piston!!!!!!:thewave: