PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here know about Volvo car alarms/electrics?

Supragal
Friday 3rd November 2006, 17:17
Please help I don't know what else to do with this car now. There must be a way to bypass/deactivate the alarm/imobiliser system? Surely there must as if you wanted to fit an aftermarket one then you'd have to get rid of it, right???

lance
Friday 3rd November 2006, 17:23
I know on the 850s you can remove the imobolizer fuze from the fuze box, not sure on the 70s though

Supragal
Friday 3rd November 2006, 17:28
Would that stop the immobiliser working or would the car not work at all then?

Baj
Saturday 4th November 2006, 11:06
I have an aftermarket alarm. (Prof fitted so no idea how they bypass it)
The Volvo alarm is disabled but the Immobiliser isnt.
You dont really want to disable the immob as it is a Thatcham1.
Mr Insurer likes that.

Supragal
Saturday 4th November 2006, 12:12
I have spoken to the alarm guy that works on my Supe and he reckons it's a no no but will investigate today.

No, I really do want to disale it. I don't care what the insurance man thinks at this point, I can't even drive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just trying to eliminate things, and the immobiliser is a big one to eliminate. Doesn't look possible though. Thanks for the help though.

blackcurrantGLT
Tuesday 7th November 2006, 13:40
Hey ! I got the same problem with my 850 . I now live in Spain and I'm at a loss as tohow to get this problem sorted without having to get the car lifted all the way to Alicante { 50 miles }.......and getting Volvo to do the reset !!! All this is going to cost me in the region of aroung 1000 of the the queens folding stuff !!!!!!!

PLEASE !!!!!!! can some one help

I work as a mobile mechanic and I'm absolutely at a loss ...........and losing money to boot !!!!!!

Supragal
Thursday 9th November 2006, 13:19
Mines not sorted either, it's in a main dealer and has cost the same as the car is worth in attempted repairs now. Not sure what to do? Should I just scrap it? Seems such a waste but we could spend another 3k and still not be fixed...

mulletboy2
Sunday 12th November 2006, 01:00
I've got an aftermarket alarm fitted, and the OEM one has been removed (to a greater or lesser extent), but I don't think that anyone that's good enough to bypass the OEM alarm/imobiliser is going to post up how to do so - it would be a bit of a security issue to do so.

If you want it bypassed, you're going to have to either know someone "in the know", or pay professional rates methinks.

T5ER
Sunday 12th November 2006, 01:13
LOL good answer by mullletboy i bypassed my thatcham 2 immob it took me 10 mins to diffuse it all.As for the factory fit Volvo gear well you are stuffed tbh.there are glass break sensors for the alarm and as for the immob there is a antenna located on the car for it to recieve a code from the key and that is all i can say i am affraid due to me working for Volvo

neevo
Sunday 12th November 2006, 01:54
You could try browsing through this link
http://experts.about.com/q/Volvo-Repair-834/index_50.htm

lots of help here, just finding relevant bits is a long job.

Vikingxl
Sunday 12th November 2006, 08:44
You need to speak to your friendly local car thief!

Paullyp
Thursday 16th November 2006, 15:50
Guess what, if your VOLVO, is fitted with the basic immob, ie cuts the spark or prevents it from leaving the coil, I can probably tell you how to bypass it. HOWEVER, I WILL NOT, post the answer on any site for obvious reasons, you will have to, be a member of this site for at least 3 months and pm me with a landline number (NO MOBILES) and I will call you,P.