PDA

View Full Version : Cheap HID Kits

grumpybob
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:10
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-Light-HID-Conversion-Kit-H1-H4-H7-9005-9006-9007_W0QQitemZ150051574380QQihZ005QQcategoryZ72235 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I see he is offering a discount for 10 and above kits. Group buy anybody??

S70T5Chris
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:25
A mate of mine just got these for his Astra. I'm gonna have a look at them tomorrow when I see him. If they're good, i'm definately gonna get some!

iGGy
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:36
Does anyone on here have actual experience of these?

Seems like a cheap upgrade...wonder where the catch is monetarily or technically :shifty:

wootty
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:56
they look like a good kit for £70.but are they:saythat:

MattB
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:58
A mate of mine just got these for his Astra. I'm gonna have a look at them tomorrow when I see him. If they're good, i'm definately gonna get some!
I'd be very interested in your oppinion Chris.....
Very tempting indeed.

pzorb
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:25
Hmmn well I paid nearly 200 for mine from hids4u.co.uk, on the basis that I've seen loads of cheap kits that work for a while but the soldering etc is crap and they break. Think of the vibrations etc.

t5 stealth
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 23:58
i see he says they have a warrenty with his company,
the items come from hong kong i think,
im guessing he gets them from them then sells them on,
sounds good but if the warrenty is with the company then its in hong kong,
might cause a problem if or when they fail,
tempting tho for that price,& if they do fail after a year then you had your moneys worth i guess lol,

MattB
Friday 3rd November 2006, 00:30
Hmmn well I paid nearly 200 for mine from hids4u.co.uk, on the basis that I've seen loads of cheap kits that work for a while but the soldering etc is crap and they break. Think of the vibrations etc.
Good point Martin ...

Redbrick
Friday 3rd November 2006, 00:50
Grumpy how much discount is he offering?

I am running an Ebay cheapo HID kit on my Passat. Its an 8000K kit which is far too blue in my opinion and the light is very splodgey, not a precise cut off to the beam.

The kit that I had on my 850 was £400 to £500 from memory but used Philips ballasts and decent 6000k bulbs and whilst not worth 3 to 4 times the cost of the Passat kit was better made.

After all that an HID kit for £90 is a very good price and I may be tempted to get a full beam 6000K kit for my V70. I already have factory fitted Zenons but the full beam is a standard bulb.

pzorb
Friday 3rd November 2006, 02:27
I already have factory fitted Zenons but the full beam is a standard bulb.
Hey Redbrick, do your kits take time to warm up? If so, you may not be able to 'flash' people - when I start the dipped lights up on mine they take around 5 secs to go from nothing to super bright; once warmed up flicking them on and off is instant. So if the highs are left to go cold or you don't use them, then the first time you need them up they might not be near as bright as required...? Just a thought.