PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what this code means 850 t5?

powernut
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 22:50
ive hit the fault reader button it flashed quickley the i got 6/4/1 ?any ideas as im head scatching here ,:kiss:

iGGy
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:36
No idea if this is correct or what it actually refers to:

http://www.auto-diagnostic-codes.com/PCodes.php?VehicleMake=Volvo&VehicleSystem=Petrol+Engine&FaultCode=P0641&Description=Please+enter+fault+code.

Sensor Reference Voltage A Circuit/Open

Paullyp
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:51
ive hit the fault reader button it flashed quickley the i got 6/4/1 ?any ideas as im head scatching here ,:kiss:
Do you have the Fenix or Motronic system OR...what year is it.P

volvotuning
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:52
Do you have the Fenix or Motronic system OR...what year is it.P

It's Motronic 4.3 - 1995.

Adam.

powernut
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 10:56
thanks adam ive done the code agaain this moring (and my eyes are diseveing me lol couple of small wireing issuises
i only needed 2/4/8 to wire the plug up
2/yelow brown
4/yellow violet
8 earth
but 2/4 are both yellow violet lol
and the code i got by holding the button was 5/4/1 which ive bin told is the evap?(thing is the evap wire which powers from the ecu to the soloined pin (1) is dead??and the green is live(2)i was told the evap was for the engine immissions?as i didnt think this would affect the engine boost?any ideas

powernut
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 12:49
right ignore last post just done a engine check makeing all the soloids,fan.feul pump,work off the buttom (somehow)
heres a video of engine runing sounds sweete no miss or holding back exspect when its under load?has to be feul or some type of boost prob surely ,bin around and double checked every boost hose and evern the inlet manifold,and the block off plate werethe old recurcilating valve was, im thinking u dont think its because of the bailey dumpvalve?it blows off nice but theres not a lot of midrange boost really considering the volvos ive seen so far?

powernut
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 12:52
View My Video (http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4d3ngac)
engine runing fine here?

nobananas
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 19:46
Noticed mate that you have got a dump valve fitted there. Has the recirc valve on the turbo been blanked off ?

powernut
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 20:19
yes matey the recirc valve has bin blocked off and checked for leaks 2 ,after i had the oil pipe that blow and the oil light was on for 8mins while driveing(as i thought it was the alti light,,as there both red dots on the clock)anyway i think its the turbo reason why is it dosent smoke or any thinking but i tryed the boost with the wastegate pipe off to see if it would over boost and it basicly only boosted to centre of the yellow gauge so at the monement its not evern boosting half a barr 0.5bar(7psi) bit odd i know ,any ideas double checked all thw boost hoses and theres no fault codes now showing plus it dose seem to spool up slightly better with the evap soloined unpluged?

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:47
yes matey the recirc valve has bin blocked off and checked for leaks 2 ,after i had the oil pipe that blow and the oil light was on for 8mins while driveing(as i thought it was the alti light,,as there both red dots on the clock)anyway i think its the turbo reason why is it dosent smoke or any thinking but i tryed the boost with the wastegate pipe off to see if it would over boost and it basicly only boosted to centre of the yellow gauge so at the monement its not evern boosting half a barr 0.5bar(7psi) bit odd i know ,any ideas double checked all thw boost hoses and theres no fault codes now showing plus it dose seem to spool up slightly better with the evap soloined unpluged?

OK, if it's not boosting with the wastegate pipe off then it's one of two things -

1. Knackered turbo.
2. Air leak after the turbo, so check everything again. Check intercooler for any cracks, check all intercooler hoses to and from intercooler, check hose to the throttle body, check the short hose from the turbo to the top long metal turbo pipe which goes across the engine. When I say check the hoses, I mean take each one off and examine it carefully! Check the jubilee clips which connect them too. If all ok, check the small hoses connecting to the inlet manifold, check all elbow joints, check the hoses under the throttle cover, and check that all the nipples are there on the tree.

Adam.

powernut
Friday 3rd November 2006, 11:16
OK, if it's not boosting with the wastegate pipe off then it's one of two things -

1. Knackered turbo.
2. Air leak after the turbo, so check everything again. Check intercooler for any cracks, check all intercooler hoses to and from intercooler, check hose to the throttle body, check the short hose from the turbo to the top long metal turbo pipe which goes across the engine. When I say check the hoses, I mean take each one off and examine it carefully! Check the jubilee clips which connect them too. If all ok, check the small hoses connecting to the inlet manifold, check all elbow joints, check the hoses under the throttle cover, and check that all the nipples are there on the tree.

Adam.
cheers on with this as we speak ill let u know later i know on my 2.0barr boost gauge ,when i removed the turbo wastegat pipe it wont go over 0.5bar of boost?but dosent smoke?

powernut
Friday 3rd November 2006, 15:38
we have more power inpovement?due to a trapped fuel pipe?dam pipe so ive replaced both complete pipes from the tank to the engine, it dosepull/ boost better ,and i think its probley the best im going to get power wise from my t5 lump ,reachers the mark after the o.5 ?when i trhen tryed it with the waste gate pipe removed it pops when trying to accelerate i ive re fitted it and left it as is ,but it dosent wheele spin going though the gears i think this maybe because of the weight and rwd?,any advise u can give off change would be great, im happyer now but would be really happy if it went like some ive seen on this forium lol

volvotuning
Friday 3rd November 2006, 16:03
The best advice I can give is to book it in for some proper dyno tuning!

Adam.

powernut
Friday 3rd November 2006, 18:20
The best advice I can give is to book it in for some proper dyno tuning!

Adam.i think its a good idea,(were abouts are you based adam,and what will be done (has ill have to see if i can get it on a trailer due to no test or brekes on it at mo ,one queery what dose the evap soloined system as this is not contected as peple have been telling me differant things?(confused)i think ur the mab who maybe able to help