PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensors

T5 Ben
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:32
Hey guys,just wondered if anyone has or knows how much it is to have parking sensors fitted to a V70 P2 2001 as the wife is having trouble!

Ben.

arbee
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:39
i'd guess a few hundred quid for some pro mounted jobbies or about £20-30 for the stick on tat you can buy on ebay.

My wifes car has them and it really is shameful how quickly you get used to them! - When I get in any other car I find myself reversing until I hear a beep. Fortunately I usually realise there will be no beep before reversing into something solid!

T5 Ben
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:48
Cheers Arbee,i'll think she'll have to get used to reversing on her mirrors LOL The seats in Daisy are quite large plus the 3 car seats and the dog guard down she has trouble seeing out the rear window.

Ben.

arbee
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 23:52
o/t - Is daisy a well car again then? you get that leak sorted?

T5 Ben
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 00:15
Yes mate,got her back on monday night.All ok now but had to wait for parts from Sweden.These T5's are quite quick aren't they!!!!!!!!!!The noise from her,the acceleration,the grip she is awsome.

Ben.

jdcampbell
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 10:41
Hey guys,just wondered if anyone has or knows how much it is to have parking sensors fitted to a V70 P2 2001 as the wife is having trouble!

Ben.

I has some fitted to my car when it was new by Volvo. They are really helpful, especially in tight parallel parking spaces. Fitting prices vary wildly depending upon how professional a job you want. You can pay anything from about £60 - £150 for fitting (it also depends upon whether you want the sensors sprayed to match the colour of your car or not.

I know of somewhere where you can get the AutoEXPRESS award winning Quanan sensors, or a more basic cheaper option. These people can also fit them to your car for you via an ISO 9000 quality mobile fitting service (painting the sensors is an option).

If you want more info PM me or call me on 07787 536071.

burchi
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 15:38
The OE Volvo system for the P2 is about £200 fitted from the enquiries I made before..

Regards

Ian

dicky b t5
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 19:39
Ben, see if you can get hold of a small mirror that you can adjust the angle of and fit it to the top of the back window, so you can see down to the rear bumper....If you know what i mean..lol

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 20:05
Ben i have a mirror that might be of use pm me the addy and i will send it to you!

T5 Ben
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 20:41
Thanks for all your replies guys,i think the mirror option is a good idea.Viking,if i can take you up on your offer that would be great,will send you a pm.
On another note she actually admitted today that she likes driving it!:)

Ben.

dicky b t5
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 21:55
On another note she actually admitted today that she likes driving it!:)

Ben.

OOH DEAR !! LOL:haha:

nez
Sunday 5th November 2006, 15:41
Seen a kit in halfords thats a number plate bracket with the sensors on.
Fits where the number plate is, then you refit the number plate the the bracket. Looks very tidy.
It was around £100.
Thought about getting it, has anyone got one??

Vikingxl
Monday 6th November 2006, 01:31
My new vehicle has a high tech system just listen for the crunching sound lol

Shortbusdriver1969
Friday 20th August 2010, 12:49
try this http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=5622
once I get some spare cash its one of my add-ons

wegal
Friday 20th August 2010, 13:24
i got a set from maplins for one of my cars, 4 sensors that you fitted into the bumper by using a hole saw ( provided in the kit) all the wring ran behind the bumper and then into the boot, to a box of tricks and then a wire to the reversing lights. Really tidy install that worked well, think it took me abiout 30 mins to do. Cant remember exactly what it cost but i think it was 40 - 60 quid.

Liddo
Friday 20th August 2010, 14:18
Holy thread resurection! 4yrs later!! That MUST be a record ;)

wegal
Friday 20th August 2010, 14:52
lol.. i never looked at the date of the original roflamo.. thats funny

thebadger
Saturday 21st August 2010, 01:42
Two others to consider....

Fresnel Lens & a camera.

I originally had the lens, but moved to the camera as it didn't work as well if it was raining. Seeing is always believing!

p fandango
Saturday 21st August 2010, 02:12
Two others to consider....

Fresnel Lens & a camera.

I originally had the lens, but moved to the camera as it didn't work as well if it was raining. Seeing is always believing!
my headunit's got a reverse input, but never get round to getting a camera for it

thebadger
Saturday 21st August 2010, 02:16
Oh deffo get one Dwayne, they are awesome for spotting boulders & pillars.

Parking sensors can easily be confused.

I've wondered what might happen if you blew a dog whistle at them?

Dowksey
Thursday 29th December 2011, 17:55
Hi All,

I am looking for advice on how to retro-fit (and connect) a reverse camera to my Jul 2007 XC70 D5 Geartronic which has the factory fitted RTI DVD based system.
So far I can only find advice that relates to fitting an IMIV but I have no need for an iPod as the HU is a 6 disc changer.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Dowksey