PDA

View Full Version : Cd Jump!

mailee
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 20:51
I have recently fitted an Alpine 630 Cd changer under the floor in the rear of my estate and it sometimes skips when the car goes over potholes and bumps in the road, is this normal or is something wrong? It is the first changer I have ever had so I am not sure myself? :confused:

fraz13
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 21:03
They aint jump proof, there is on Alpines (not sure bout anything else) horizontal and vertical ajusters on the sides of the changer, just make sure these are set right

gibbo
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 21:18
They aint jump proof, there is on Alpines (not sure bout anything else) horizontal and vertical ajusters on the sides of the changer, just make sure these are set right

Failing the suggestion above in the past i have had to 'cushion' the CD changer. I cushioned the changer to the mounting bracket & then the bracket to the car / shelf etc
I did mine using sticky backed foam purchased from a local bod-get store.
It worked for me. :D

mailee
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 22:25
Cheers guys, I will check out the adjustment and try the insulation.

mailee
Saturday 16th April 2005, 18:13
Well I had a look at the unit and sure enough it was set for vertical instead of horizontal. I moved the springs in the damping unit and it works fine now over even large pot holes. I guess I should have looked up the manual on the internet before I installed it really. Still it is working great now thanks guys. :)