PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustment help pls

Tervueren
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 18:46
Hi I introduced myself here http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t14889-850-t5-or-r-estate.html
Having now bought my V70R its the nice 'pink' one :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: wow what a car, can't think why it's taken me so long to try one, apart from the usual tesco dinks it's in great condition for an 8yr old, apart from needing new tyres shortly the only problem I have at the moment is the headlight :(
Drivers headlight aims at the stars !! the motor does not seem to work on this side neither does the manual operating gear, has anyone changed the motor/headlight and how much of a headache is it to do and how much does it hurt your pocket

SAMXPJ
Friday 3rd November 2006, 03:00
it's often the case that the plastic retaining adjuster has come away from the fixing to the motor which the manual ajustment also relies apon. The quickest way is to remove the headlamp - 5mins - remove the side indicator by pushing the retaining clip down with a screwdriver and pulling the lens out then unclip the connections to the headlight units and unscrew the three small bolts that hold the headlight to the bodywork, these bolts thread directly into the lamp so no nuts ! Once you have the headlight out you will see straight away where the plastic balljoint fits onto the lever arm to the motor etc

Tervueren
Friday 3rd November 2006, 05:35
hi Sam
Thanks for the help, I will try and have a look today before they tow it away for engine repairs :worried:
John