PDA

View Full Version : corrrr!!!!

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 14:46
Have booked in some modifications for my c70.
What I have got planned is:

BSR complete sports exhaust
Full induction air kit
Larger injectors
19t turbo
Seperate cooler for my auto box
Custom ECU remap with selectable switch for either econemy/sport/animal
And not forgetting a complete Porsche caliper/disk upgrade
And also a Pioneer Avic HD1BT head unit
And possibly 19 inch pegs....

I thinks I have remembered everything...

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 14:55
You doing all that in one hit?!

Who's doing the work?

GregE102
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:03
Hi Chris

Good question mate, perhaps we should recomend him to a good freind of ours!

Hi Jadeaggy

Obviosly its not for me to tell you or people where to go but for a list like that i would recomend you have a chat with Russel from RT Mechanics personaly i think that Russ and his team are A1 when it comes to their work and knowlage and their customer service is second to none, their add flashes up on this site as well for contact details
Greg

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:21
Alas it's too late guys...
Already know a good garage, swautos....And already booked in.
And yes all at once, can't wait...
Mark

thunderace
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:28
phew Mark, that's gonna be something when it's done :)

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:41
Well once works are done, will have to find out how to put pics on...Watch this space...

wootty
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:45
all with a new 19t.thats coming to a few quid.

dreadly
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:46
Give us a rough price guide :)

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:55
Give us a rough price guide :)

Excluding the wheels and head unit, my guess is about 4k!

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:33
Chris, that about right...

Rbphot
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:36
Should be nice when it's all done, will you be at the next SWAutos meet when it is arranged, I would love to see the headunit fitted.

The demo was impressive.

Ray

siamblue
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:41
and you will also get one of the best garages around to fit it for you,
will be one hell of a car when it is finished:)

Gary,

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:50
Def always up for a meet within reason, and still sourcing the cheapest company that will do the head unit, hopefully before any meets, so can show you guys....Also goto find out about the wiring diagram for the sc901 head and cabling, so has anyone got any circuits???
I was gonna go the full hog and blow more than 10k on me car, but I had that nagging feeling(wife) saying NO!!!! Would have had atleast 500Bhp, and what with nos etc, should have got alot more. Oh well, can't win everthing...
Mark

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:54
If you don't mind me asking, how much is the brake setup setting you back? I think the Boxster S setup, maybe my way forward.

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 16:59
Chris
Brakes are setting me back £1200, and the actual pads would have been for a 996, so not sure if they are bigger than the boxters, i think they would be...
Hearing a lot of stories about these brakes and that they can endos even in the wet, so must be pretty good...
Mark

arbee
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 17:08
Mark- mate! I know you were dithering whether to go modding on the c70 or not but thats quite impressive in one hit!!!! yours is the LPT if i remember rightly aint it? does it make any difference to the portential for fitting the 19T or is the rest of the engine the same?

Are SW autos doing the remap aswell? do you know if they do it on their rolling road?

Can't wait to see it when its done! - You coming to North Weald again in December?

Niles
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 17:59
jadeaggy, where in kent are you?

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 18:00
Richy boy,
How the devil are ya?
Yes lpt version, but Stuart at SW Autos said that it should have the same block as the new T5 version, the only difference is the bolt on's.
He also say's that everything mechanical is the same as well, so hopefully it is just a case of bolting on and Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Yes he will do everything live on the roller, so getting the best out of it, but also to remember that I am trying to get the ECU remapped so that I can change the settings myself for different driving conditions. You know, sipping petrol, motorway, and of couse Silverstone......
Have not seen anything about another meet at north weald in December?, can you PM me with details?
Thanks Rich

Mark- mate! I know you were dithering whether to go modding on the c70 or not but thats quite impressive in one hit!!!! yours is the LPT if i remember rightly aint it? does it make any difference to the portential for fitting the 19T or is the rest of the engine the same?

Are SW autos doing the remap aswell? do you know if they do it on their rolling road?

Can't wait to see it when its done! - You coming to North Weald again in December?

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 18:01
Im at Meopham, do you know it?
jadeaggy, where in kent are you?

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 18:51
I know Meopham well,, Go through there most days...lol.. I always get me coffee from the Tex garage in the dip on the A2..lol.. Get a nice run down Bluebell hill into Maidstone every weekend I does..lol

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:02
Well seeing that we're all pretty close, how about a meet up in kent?
Does anyone know a decent place?
mark

I know Meopham well,, Go through there most days...lol.. I always get me coffee from the Tex garage in the dip on the A2..lol.. Get a nice run down Bluebell hill into Maidstone every weekend I does..lol

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:06
um,, How about the service station half way down bluebell hill, toward maidstone,, there is a long mile long side layby road just after it,, there are so many places down that way,, lets see what everyone else says

BlackBeast
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:08
Chris
Brakes are setting me back £1200, and the actual pads would have been for a 996, so not sure if they are bigger than the boxters, i think they would be...
Hearing a lot of stories about these brakes and that they can endos even in the wet, so must be pretty good...
Mark

Mark, does that include the rears aswell??? If it doesnt thats hell of alot to pay for the fronts only :hidesbehi

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:15
As far as I know it is only fronts, but bare in mind it is for a top notch braking system, it's apparently the biggest Porsche do...But I was considering putting decent pads in the rear as well..
And as for the meet up, great. Just name a time and date...
Mark

BlackBeast
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:21
Biggest that porsche do are off the Cayenne S iirc.

Ive almost got all the parts together for my front porsche 993TT upgrade and its going to cost just over £600. I think Siamblue is doing a 996 upgrade and i dont think its costing him anything like £1200.

ragtop
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:29
Could you get the full spec, and final costings before I totally commit myself. Also could you get me the address and company name.
Cheers
Mark
Biggest that porsche do are off the Cayenne S iirc.

Ive almost got all the parts together for my front porsche 993TT upgrade and its going to cost just over £600. I think Siamblue is doing a 996 upgrade and i dont think its costing him anything like £1200.

siamblue
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:33
Could you get the full spec, and final costings before I totally commit myself. Also could you get me the address and company name.
Cheers
Mark

If they are off the Cayenne S then they will be 6 pots, and they are bloody huge,
Mine are off a Boxster S.

volvolised
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:48
[QUOTE=BlackBeast]Ive almost got all the parts together for my front porsche 993TT upgrade and its going to cost just over £600.

That is a good deal, i have 993TT big reds(2004) that included the pads and hoses,brought S60R discs, brackets from the u.s and i reckon they owe me at least £1,100.... Am well pleased with them (pic on salisbury meet thread) bet your twice as pleased BB

BlackBeast
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:58
You cant have had the 993TT from a 2004 model as they only made the 993TT around 96,97,98 iirc. Or did you mean something else?

Ive got 2nd hand 993TT calipers, S60R discs, goodridge stainless lines, brackets from a guy in the US, Motul brake fluid and will get some standard textar pads from EuroCarParts most likely.

siamblue
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 22:05
My set up has set me back £390 so far, but it is still in the manufacture stage with the brackets,
parts sourced are calipers £270 hoses £20 bracket material £20 discs £80,
On the larger set ups, you will need 18s with most probably spacers,

volvolised
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 22:11
Well, if i remember rightly they were being sold as 18 months old and had come off an S8,the guy was upgrading to Movit brakes(big money).The brackets came from eurosport tuning u.s. and are for the 993TT's so hey ho if they stopped at '98' i dont mind, as long as i can too:Handshake

volvolised
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 22:19
discs £80,
On the larger set ups, you will need 18s with most probably spacers,

Where and what discs did you get ??.I can run mine on 17" pegs but have to use 20mm eibach spacers courtesy of kalmar (evidently the optimum offset for the 850 is 43mm, i'm on 63mm, doesn't seem to handle any worse)

BlackBeast
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 22:27
LOL I thought you meant something else. Funnily enough my 993TT calipers are badged up as Mov-It calipers, but they are definately 993TT calipers though. I made sure by emailing mov-it.

With my brackets, 17" or 18" Pegs will work without any spacer :)

volvolised
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 22:54
With my brackets, 17" or 18" Pegs will work without any spacer :)
How come your calipers fit with no spacer mine were a couple of mm shy but any wheel flex/hard knocks could be dangerous ( have 15mm spacers not 20mm).. Surely the disc will always be in the same place so bracket size should be the same, thickness of caliper will cause the clearance issue will it not ??

BlackBeast
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 23:01
Havent tried them on my car yet, but everyone on VS that uses the same bracket that i have dont use spacers with their Pegs.

volvolised
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 23:09
Hope they do fit ok :Handshake , as i said mine didn't touch but any flex on a v.fast corner etc is pretty suicidal if youv'e less than 15mm to play with

mazza
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 23:36
jeeez are any of you married??if so can you please tell me how to convince my live in bank manager i need to get all that lovely stuff!!!!i keep using the "you cant take it with you when you die" type thing,but that gets me a smack round the head!!!

ragtop
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 00:26
Having wheels etc measured on Saturday, too see if they will fit with my 17 inch wheels. I will let you know how I get on.
Does anyone know of where I can get 19 inch pegs from at cheap price?

arbee
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 00:45
I don't know of anywhere (except SW Autos?) that stocks the 19" version of Pegs. Doubt theyll be cheap!

ragtop
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 09:51
Apparently Stuart could get them for around £150 a piece...
I don't know of anywhere (except SW Autos?) that stocks the 19" version of Pegs. Doubt theyll be cheap!

adriancole
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 09:56
Have booked in some modifications for my c70.
What I have got planned is:

BSR complete sports exhaust
Full induction air kit
Larger injectors
19t turbo
Seperate cooler for my auto box
Custom ECU remap with selectable switch for either econemy/sport/animal
And not forgetting a complete Porsche caliper/disk upgrade
And also a Pioneer Avic HD1BT head unit
And possibly 19 inch pegs....

I thinks I have remembered everything...

Thats a nice list of mods....have been eyeing up the Porsche calipers that Stu has, saw them last week there....am quite tempted myself......for your autobox cooler are you fitting a thermostat on it to keep the oil temp constant? just wondering as that is my next thing to have done.....

Anyway have fun with the mods and let us all know when its done.....

Adrian

adriancole
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 10:03
Oh and one thing about the 901 head unit, has an optical out to the amp, and the rear speakers, ie from the rear doors back have a bass supressor in the amp (maybe the amp itself?)...only found this out when trying to wire in a bass bin in the boot..would not push any bass frequency out at all wired into the rear output....if i swapped the rear speakers to the front out, all bass was returned....still scratching my head on that one....so now bass bin wired into front output with a voluume knob.....

adrian

ragtop
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 13:39
Oh yes, have managed to get away with a five to six grand job, would love to have spent in excess of £10k. So what you really need to do is keep on and on at her in a suttle way. Hope this helps...Teheee..
jeeez are any of you married??if so can you please tell me how to convince my live in bank manager i need to get all that lovely stuff!!!!i keep using the "you cant take it with you when you die" type thing,but that gets me a smack round the head!!!

ragtop
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 13:41
Not sure, but i have been informed from Stuart that it is a completely seperate system, so hopefully that will be adequate..Porsche calipers does look good though....
Thats a nice list of mods....have been eyeing up the Porsche calipers that Stu has, saw them last week there....am quite tempted myself......for your autobox cooler are you fitting a thermostat on it to keep the oil temp constant? just wondering as that is my next thing to have done.....

Anyway have fun with the mods and let us all know when its done.....

Adrian

ragtop
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 13:43
Have got the pro logic dolby surround, and it has got the 11 speakers with the two subs behind seats. Looks like i have a major job on my hands. Watch this space....
Oh and one thing about the 901 head unit, has an optical out to the amp, and the rear speakers, ie from the rear doors back have a bass supressor in the amp (maybe the amp itself?)...only found this out when trying to wire in a bass bin in the boot..would not push any bass frequency out at all wired into the rear output....if i swapped the rear speakers to the front out, all bass was returned....still scratching my head on that one....so now bass bin wired into front output with a voluume knob.....

adrian

mazza
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 18:58
nope ,tried suttle,got good ear full,good job i had new batteries in my s**t deflectors!!!!oh well.....good luck with all your goodies jadeaggy,sounds like a right monster to be!!!!!

ragtop
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 09:53
Sorry to hear buddy, perhaps santa will bring you something NICE.....
nope ,tried suttle,got good ear full,good job i had new batteries in my s**t deflectors!!!!oh well.....good luck with all your goodies jadeaggy,sounds like a right monster to be!!!!!

ragtop
Thursday 9th November 2006, 21:37
hi again
car is booked in for the 20 of this month for my works, and also the porsche brake upgrade does fit in with my wheels, so will get it done at the same time...
Also just about to order my new head unit.
Cany wait