PDA

View Full Version : TRACS/ABS: - Anyone want a free car valet and a £60 voucher for car accessories?

jdcampbell
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 09:33
There is a catch: your car has to be a 2000/1 model year V70 with DSTC and I need something from you.

My car (with a DSTC/ABS problem) is currently at Johnson's Volvo in Redditch. The Service Manager is very keen to find someone with the same DSTC unit. The only way to prove whether mine is OK is to put my module on someone else's car to see if it is OK on their car.

Therefore he wants someone with the 2000/1 Model Year car to drop in to Redditch so he can do the swap over and swap back properly. He is offering anyone who is prepared to do this a free car valet.

I am also offering a £60 voucher to be spent at www.autobestbuy.co.uk.

Any takers? ........ Please..... I need help, my car has been off the road with this problem for 6 weeks now.........please........:cry:

dreadly
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:08
There is a catch: your car has to be a 2000/1 model year V70 with DSTC and I need something from you.

My car (with a DSTC/ABS problem) is currently at Johnson's Volvo in Redditch. The Service Manager is very keen to find someone with the same DSTC unit. The only way to prove whether mine is OK is to put my module on someone else's car to see if it is OK on their car.

Therefore he wants someone with the 2000/1 Model Year car to drop in to Redditch so he can do the swap over and swap back properly. He is offering anyone who is prepared to do this a free car valet.

I am also offering a £60 voucher to be spent at www.autobestbuy.co.uk (http://www.autobestbuy.co.uk).

Any takers? ........ Please..... I need help, my car has been off the road with this problem for 6 weeks now.........please........:cry:

why does it have to be the same year and model, my '03' S60 has DTSC - Is this not the same???

jdcampbell
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 17:11
why does it have to be the same year and model, my '03' S60 has DTSC - Is this not the same???

I think they changed the design of the control module, but I will check.

Doug

anogg3
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 21:28
I would of said help yourself but your miles away from me sorry.

Smoke This
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 00:19
In case a newer S60 will do (got DSTC in mines); I live in Redditch and won't be using my 53 plate S60 for a while after this week.

jdcampbell
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 18:15
In case a newer S60 will do (got DSTC in mines); I live in Redditch and won't be using my 53 plate S60 for a while after this week.

Apparently after about 02/52 all DSTC finctionality was software driven. Earlier cars used the type of mdule as on my car. So is has to be a 2002 my car or earlier.

Doug

poochingaround
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 18:17
I,m baffled by this on running saga surely a Volvo dealer should be able to pin point the problem without the need of another vehicle.

jdcampbell
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 18:45
I,m baffled by this on running saga surely a Volvo dealer should be able to pin point the problem without the need of another vehicle.

The fault code indicates these is a communication problem between the ABS control module and the ECM(?). So the fault could be the ABS module, the cabling or the ECM.

Replacing the ABS module with a new one to test whether that could be the problem would involve me in purchasing a new ABS module for around £800.

Replacing the ECM module with a new one to test whether that could be the problem would involve me in purchasing a new ECM for around £500.

Testing the cabling could be around two days of labour (apparently) at around £60-70+VAT per hour - you can do the maths!

So whichever way I go would cost loads of money, and may not solve the problem. If we can prove whether or not my ABS module or ECM are working then at least we would have avoided the cost of replacing these modules unnecessarily, and if we have to incur the costs of checking out the loom, we would by then have proved that this is the likely cause of the problem.

My biggest worry is that I end up paying for all 3 of these things and we still don't find the problem.

When this problem was first diagnosed the ABS modules was replaced with one from a breaker. The problem went away, but recurred in exactly the same fashion within a couple of months. Hence I am reluctant to pay for another, because the likelihood of the same problem ocurring on 2 different modules is very small. The only way to definitively prove my ABS module is OK is to stick it on someone else's car and see if the same problem is reproduced or not.

Doug

jdcampbell
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 13:43
The ABS / DSTC module has been diagnosed as faulty. Does anyone have any recommendations for breakers where I might be able to source one second-hand?

Doug

Vikingxl
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 13:50
Salvo?

jdcampbell
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 14:07
Salvo?

Salvo have not got one; any other suggestions?

poochingaround
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 17:02
MOTORS IN MOTION WORKSOP HAS SOME EX PLOD T5s WITH DSTC FITTED OR TRY SIMPSON SALVAGE AT STAMFORD BRIDGE NEAR YORK