PDA

View Full Version : Sender Unit:fan

rich850t5
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 19:38
:doctor: Can anyone tell me where the sender unit is for the electric fan as my fan wont cut in,I have changed the relay and thats not the problem thanks :doctor:

rich850t5
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 23:48
someone must know where it is?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 14th April 2005, 00:36
I am sorry I was not much help when you rang. You caught me on the hop a bit. I don't alas know where the sender unit is.

siamblue
Thursday 14th April 2005, 01:55
Is it not on top of the fan shroud?

nikgallagher
Thursday 14th April 2005, 08:37
I had problems with the electric fan on my clio, and even after changing all the bits I thought would fix it, it still wouldn't come on when sitting in traffic. It did however work after the engine was switched off, so I knew the fan itself was ok. It turned out to be a corroded wire in the main loom, which was only identified when I pranged the car and pretended that the cooling problem was due to the accident. Not suggesting you jump your car into a brick wall at 50 mph, but it worked for me!

rich850t5
Thursday 14th April 2005, 17:28
Is it not on top of the fan shroud?No gary thats the relay the sender unit would normally be on the engine block,There is a sender below the inlet manifold by the starter solenoid,COULD THIS BE IT? :(

rich850t5
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 17:52
has no one got a clue as to where the sender unit is,This is doing my head in having to connect/disconnect by hand all the time PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 00:46
Try Hamish - he might know.

andi t5
Thursday 21st April 2005, 21:33
not 100 per cent but i think the ect sensor in the thermostat housing supplies the temperture to the ecu which sends the enable signal to the fan control relay at a set temp sounds like a possible wiring problem from either the sensor to the ecu or the ecu to the control relay

rich850t5
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 21:17
not 100 per cent but i think the ect sensor in the thermostat housing supplies the temperture to the ecu which sends the enable signal to the fan control relay at a set temp sounds like a possible wiring problem from either the sensor to the ecu or the ecu to the control relaycheers andi spot on!

andi t5
Wednesday 27th April 2005, 21:56
thanks, glad the info helped