PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Turbos

racer
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 19:21
...or oil injection system in my case. Right. Having just done Manchester - Glasgow - Falkirk - Manchester and gone through 6 litres of oil in the process (and that's staying off the boost as much as possible!), I admit defeat on the turbo front.

OK, who's going to tell me were I can get a new Turbo (R Reg V70 T5 CD), without needing to grovel to Mr Bank Manager?

or lots of free oil....

lance
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 19:26
I recomend
www.volvotuninguk.com

siamblue
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 22:23
Bloody hell mate,I think you might have done some more damage,Correct me if i am wrong but the cat will be dripping in Oil too.At least your exhaust won't rust lol.

racer
Friday 15th April 2005, 06:11
> I recomend
> www.volvotuninguk.com
Thanks, I've PMed Adam. :worship:

Ah. Cat. Oops, yes, probably resembles a used oil filter by now. Oh well, maybe it will recover in time if I get the turbo sorted out.

Sp00ky
Sunday 17th April 2005, 12:21
i got a new one from Salvo for £100 (£90 with forum discount) works fine and the lad there was very very helpful. came next day as well.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th April 2005, 19:13
That wont be new now will it?? New to you possibly. It costs more than that to get them refurbed.

mikej
Sunday 17th April 2005, 20:17
How do you get the discount from Salvo ? : :)

Sp00ky
Sunday 17th April 2005, 22:32
That wont be new now will it?? New to you possibly. It costs more than that to get them refurbed.

soz, i meant new to me. should have said a replacement... my bad !

Sp00ky
Sunday 17th April 2005, 22:33
How do you get the discount from Salvo ? : :)

tell em your a member of this forum :)

racer
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 08:04
Thanks for the quote Adam. Going to have to think about this. Rebuilt engine deserves a new unit I think, rather than an unknown from a salvage place. Just had a big one at Castle Combe with the race car, so I need to find out what that's going to cost me first! :frown:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 11:00
19T is the best size - with the least lag. But they are pricy. 15G or 16T are excellent units with zero lag.