PDA

View Full Version : SC805 button illumination

paullus
Sunday 29th October 2006, 15:09
I think a couple of bulbs in my SC805 have blown because not all of the radio preset buttons and other buttons are lit.
Are the bulbs available and easy to replace?
Cheers,

neevo
Sunday 29th October 2006, 17:10
You need to wait for VikingT5 or Baj to come on as they are well up on the various bulbs around the dash etc.

Meanwhile, bump ;)

Vikingxl
Sunday 29th October 2006, 17:57
Can be done no problem takes about five mins!

paullus
Sunday 29th October 2006, 19:15
Nice to hear. Nothing complicated then. Just take of the fascia panel and put new bulbs in?
Are the bulbs anything special?
Cheers.

Vikingxl
Sunday 29th October 2006, 21:33
Bulbs may be a little tricky try volvo and if not take one out and take it to your local honda dealer as i have been told they do them.Pm me with your phone number and i will give you a ring witha few tips!

paullus
Monday 30th October 2006, 19:51
Hi VikingT5
Got a bulb out this evening without too much trouble. Little blue rubbery(?!) LED thingy on a black plastic base.
I'm going to Volvo tomorrow to swap the washer jets they incorrectly supplied so I'll ask about the bulbs and then Honda if no luck.
Are these bulbs used anywhere else on the car or is it just the radio?
Thanks very much.

Vikingxl
Monday 30th October 2006, 20:05
Not with the blue sleeve on them mate and be warned they aint gonna be cheap!

gibbo
Monday 30th October 2006, 20:32
I think a couple of bulbs in my SC805 have blown because not all of the radio preset buttons and other buttons are lit.
Are the bulbs available and easy to replace?
Cheers,

How many buttons are illuminated mate?
Only the 1,2,3 buttons light up on mine when the lights are on?

Gibbo

paullus
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 08:26
Hi Gibbo
4, 5 & 6 on mine. Now I've had the front off I know why. There are only 4 or 5 bulbs to illuminate all the buttons and controls. The light is distributed from the bulbs to the controlls by clear plastic light tubes/fibre optics. Basically 1 bulb lights up several different things.
I'll let you know how I go on at Volvo.
Cheers.

paullus
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 22:36
Repaired it tonight and it all lights up as it should.
Bought 4x PG80 12v Submin blue bulbs from Maplin for £1.96.
Very carefully unpicked the old bulbs from the plastic base, reffitted the new ones and carefully rewound the wire tails. I then used a blob of superglue to ensure the wires don't unwind. Fiddly job but worth it.

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd November 2006, 22:49
Nice one mate hows the colour match?

paullus
Friday 3rd November 2006, 08:17
Not a bad match. The Maplin blue is darker than the originals with the blue sleeve but at least I can see the buttons now. I might replace the other two originals to make them all the same . Alternatively I could buy some white bulbs and use the original sleeves on them. They'll do for the time being though.

paullus
Friday 3rd November 2006, 19:27
I parked the car in the garage tonight and had a play with the dash illumination rheostat and I've decided I prefer the Maplin blues. So the radio comes out again tomorrow so I can do the rest.