PDA

View Full Version : Rogue alarm activation

mde2711
Sunday 29th October 2006, 12:24
Can anybody help?

I have a 2002 S60 with an alarm (or central locking) problem.
When I lock the car with the remote (the ignition key supplied with the car doesn't operate the car doors - long story!) I walk away from the car and after a few minutes the alarm goes off. If I leave it for a while it doesn't seem to cancel (and my neighbours give me dirty looks!). If I unlcok the car and relock it to reset it - it just goes off again and again (and the neighbours reach for their shotguns).
I've tried using the alarm cancel button, in the centre console, then locking the car with the remote - but the alarm still goes off after a few minutes.
I've checked and there doesn't seem to be anything still operating in the car, such as a mobile phone, that would trigger the sensors, I have also had the battery tested and it's absolutely fine.

The only option when exiting the car now is to avoid using the remote. Therefore I have to go through the complex system of climbing in the car, closing the door, pressing the 'lock all doors switch', then climb out and push the driver door catch down to lock it. Sometimes it pops back up again when I close the door - sometimes not.

I am totally baffled and wanted to know if anybody has a fix for this such as can you reset the system at all? is there any easy fix?
I'm loathed to go to a stealer to get this sorted, if there is an easy solution.

Thank you