PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say thankyou

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th October 2006, 10:55
As some of you know,yesterday i had a few problems with my car not starting after i changed turbo hoses for samco ones.Various members offered advice but in the end i had to call out Greenflag. After an hour he was stumped and concluded there was no spark coming from the coil and his advice was to change this first and hope for the best.

I arranged for the car to be towed to my local garage on Monday and be prepared for the worst.

After telling everyone this on the forum MATT30462 suggested i get in contact with PAULLYP as he was the man who knew everything about the electrics on these beasts.I emailed him,he responded with his phone number and after a 10 minute chat he was 99.9% sure what the problem was.This morning i did what he suggested and hey presto my car started instantly.

When i replaced the hose above the radiater i had to remove the plastic cowling which had a relay connected to it.The wires to the relay are all sealed but are very fragile.When i stripped back the sleeving one of the wires had broken apart and this was why there was no spark at the coil.

So i would just like to say a big thankyou to everyone who offered advice and especially MATT30462 and PAULLYP who have no doubt saved me a fortune as i'm sure the garage would of replaced various items as a process of elimination but got no where.:Handshake

fraz13
Sunday 29th October 2006, 11:17
Another gold star for Paullyp.... Well done mate...

Glad to hear all is well now Mike ;)

Andrew
Sunday 29th October 2006, 13:11
<clensed by author>

poochingaround
Sunday 29th October 2006, 13:48
Paully youre a genius .Thank You on behalf of us all for your constant input.

Paullyp
Monday 30th October 2006, 16:50
Aw shucks,

godlikegary
Monday 30th October 2006, 17:06
nice 1 paullyp i know who to call if i get any probs lol

Paullyp
Monday 30th October 2006, 17:11
nice 1 paullyp i know who to call if i get any probs lol
No problem, the more of you guys that I keep away from the Garages the better,hopefully the next problem maybe more taxing. I can always be contacted at your@themaddam.wanadoo.co.uk , don't be shy, P.:)

wootty
Monday 30th October 2006, 17:56
yeah top man.thats what these clubs are for.:B_thumb: