PDA

View Full Version : Help Again

daddy
Sunday 29th October 2006, 09:48
Ok Two Weeks Ago The Clutch Master Cylinder Went. Two Weeks Later And I've Managed To Find A Replacement. So Last Night Started The Job, I Thought I Start It Up First Seeing As The Car Has Not Been Run. (although I Have Been Turning The Car Over During The Two Weeks So Not To Get A Flat Battery)

Starts Fine But All My Dashboard Lights On - All Orange And Red. I Revved It Up And The Lights Went Off Only To Return When The Revs Died Down. I Switched It Off Then Started Again Same Problem This Time The Lights Didnt Go Off When Revved. Turned Off Again Then Started, But This Time It Struggled As If The Battery Was Flat. So I Gave Up And Went About Changing Cylinder Which I Might Add Is Very Easy.

Please Help As Its Starting To Remind Me Of My Last Car Which In The End I Sold.

irf
Sunday 29th October 2006, 10:00
i would wait until someone who knows what they're talking about comes online, but it could be worth resetting the ecu. make sure you have the radio code though.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th October 2006, 11:00
I'd say the battery is to weak.Even though you started the car over the two weeks,if you didn't take it out for a run of atleast 5-10 miles the alternator would not of have enough time to charge the battery back up again.Put the battery on charge for 24 hours and see what happens.

Good luck.

daddy
Sunday 29th October 2006, 16:29
No Luck, Changed Clutch Master Cylinder And Still Have The Same Problem. New Battery On Car And The Lights Are Still On

Any Suggestions

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th October 2006, 16:38
The forum member Paullyp diagnosed my electrical problem over the phone in 10 minutes and saved me a fortune in the process. One top bloke. This is his email address.

your@themaddam.wanadoo.co.uk

Paullyp
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 18:36
MMMMMMMMMM, send me your contact number via pm, and I will give you a bell.Paullyp.

woz
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:35
The forum member Paullyp diagnosed my electrical problem over the phone ...

So what was the prob?
cheers
W:>)

Paullyp
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:53
MIKEST5R problem wasn't hard. On fitting his top radiator hose he had dislodged/knocked the fuel rail relay, I had a feeling as soon as he described his problem, as I have said before when it comes to 850's its always 1 of 5 faults, easypeasylemonsqueezy,this one may be more taxing, I need to know which lights the member is talking about, I assume it is the dasboard warning lights, but,I will wait and see, I think dampness or a crossed/damaged fuse or connection,could be a job for WD40,Paullyp.

daddy
Monday 6th November 2006, 19:18
no luck still going to change the slave, any one know where i can get one from dont mind second hand just so long as it works. also has any one ever heard of any problems with bleeding the clutch?

Tomcat
Monday 6th November 2006, 21:39
Try Salvo, they usually cary anything you may need. I changed mine a while back and had no problems with bleeding afterwards.

daddy
Tuesday 14th November 2006, 22:14
well the clutch is working again. bit of a pain to bleed. happy now. only the warning lights to sort. thanks to all who helped