PDA

View Full Version : Breaking my 850 estate

richeeroo
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:43
I am considering breaking my 850r estate as the market is so poor at the mo and they are going for peanuts but this goes against the grain for me.
It seems as though i can get more for it by breaking the car up but it has a current Mot and drives well.
What are your thoughts please ?
Rich

shaun850
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:13
depend's how much you want for the wheel's :)

marky 76
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:19
I am considering breaking my 850r estate as the market is so poor at the mo and they are going for peanuts but this goes against the grain for me.
It seems as though i can get more for it by breaking the car up but it has a current Mot and drives well.
What are your thoughts please ?
Richi would be interested in the front bumper if you do break the car thanx

Vikingxl
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:35
Think you will probably get more in pieces sad as it is

Niles
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:58
1st dibbs on the front lower spoiler/bumpler please!!!

nobananas
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:29
Sadly this is the way a lot of our classics went ! You see them everywhere then suddenly they're all gone. I think if it were me I would find a 'trustworthy' new owner and pass it on at a loss.

P.S I'm trustworthy :biggrin:

T5SLAVE
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:48
What's the story with the car m8?...how much was u thinkin of sellin it 4, if u don't mind me askin?

Carl
Saturday 28th October 2006, 19:40
I'm havin the same prob with my 850 - decided to keep it as a spare - not sure whether you get that much judging by the lack of interest in the run of the mill parts on ebay.

richeeroo
Saturday 28th October 2006, 20:58
As to the price i'm open to reasonable offers otherwise i'll break it, it just seems a shame when you think how much car you can for the money !
Keeping it as a spare car would be a great idea but we already have 4 cars on the drive and one stored elsewhere so it's time to do something about it !

gazjacko
Sunday 29th October 2006, 16:42
What miles are on it?

richeeroo
Sunday 29th October 2006, 20:09
136000 miles and just serviced before i took it off the road at the end of Sept.

Mrsmopp
Sunday 29th October 2006, 20:11
How much do you want for it as is? PM me if you prefer ;)

x

Tomcat
Sunday 29th October 2006, 20:27
Not another one Moppy, leave some for the rest of us!!!

Mrsmopp
Sunday 29th October 2006, 20:28
Not another one Moppy, leave some for the rest of us!!!

I only own one these days TC :(

x

gazjacko
Monday 30th October 2006, 00:12
so it's got 70000 miles on mine!
what's up with it?

Tomcat
Monday 30th October 2006, 00:18
I only own one these days TC :(

x

:cry: Where did they all go to????

richeeroo
Monday 30th October 2006, 11:24
It has a current Mot until March,it's an auto and i wanted a manual so once i got one it became surplus, i took it off the road because i wasn't using it and couldn't justify running two.
As far as i know there isn't anything wrong with it, it had an oil leak when i bought it , it had the camshaft seals replaced and the oil return pipe at the back of the engine. CV gaiter replaced, new windscreen, top mounts, new front shocks, two front tyres (less than 100 miles on them ) and a stamped service book by independant garages from new plus more that i've probably forgotten.
The body work isn't A1 and has the usual light scratches and small chips and a crack in the front spoiler but generally it's not bad .
Cheers
Rich

Tosh
Monday 30th October 2006, 14:31
PM me with how much you want for it, or if you're breaking it I'll have the load cover and roof rails off you.