PDA

View Full Version : The Lakes

Andrew
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 16:50
Each year there is a cracking lakes run by the Mini Club. I thought I might take that tradition and bring it into this forum. Would anyone be up for a 3 day lakes weekend ?

Head up on a Friday evening - Sat/Sun will be a combination of a couple of drives in some cracking countryside, a couple of activities and good food in good pubs.

Accomodation would be B&B or similar cheapish accomodation to keep costs down. Monday morning would be a run out - finish at lunchtime with a nice group meal and then bumble off back to home after lunch.

Obviously it means a day off on the Monday but surely this is worth it. I'm thinking the end of August.

I'll put all the run details and hotel info together if I can get 6 cars committed to going.

Anyone ?

1. Andrew + Mrs Andrew

steveT5
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 17:12
Sounds great, we love the lakes, Keswick in particular. Will have to speak to mrs Steve to confirm though.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 18:10
In principle sounds OK, but the traffic on the August BH weekend is a nightmare around the Lakes generally. :mad111:

Andrew
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 18:16
In principle sounds OK, but the traffic on the August BH weekend is a nightmare around the Lakes generally. :mad111:

No bankholidays - hence the need for the Monday off - I know how hectic the lakes get on a b.h.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 14th April 2005, 03:44
You're Gonna be organising King at this rate....

What are you offering us.....what's the agenda, where to stay, costs involved...
I suppose all you need to to is base the cost on the mini trip and TREBLE the fuel costs......... lol...

i'm interested in principal...and Late August would sound good...

Andrew
Thursday 14th April 2005, 08:34
Organising all of that is a big job one which I'm not prepared to take on unless I get 6 cars saying yes in principle.

Rough Costs: Accomodation 3x£50; Petrol £150-200 for the weekend I would imagine; plus food and beer. However for this we plan good company, good driving and excellent sights to see.