PDA

View Full Version : Help needed urgently

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:21
Hi guys, i need some advice/help. I've just replaced the turbo hoses on my t5r,all went fine until i tried to start the car. Engine turns over fine but will not start.

Anyone in the Bournemouth area who could help please.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:40
Oh crikey! Firstly, I'm no mechanic so there is no help from me I'm afraid. But the few times I've tried something and it's gone wrong, I can sympathise. The good news though is that you know the "start point" for your diagnosis, in that all was well before you changed the hoses. Unless you knocked or pulled something, it will probably be the forementioned hoses causing the problem. Did you connect EVERYTHING? Are all the hoses sealed? If they are then, DID you inadvertantly give something a whack?

I know this is no technical help of course but if I were in your shoes the thought that it must be something simple would give me some peace of mind at least. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be running before the day is out.

jim
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:11
What hoses did you do and did you take anything off for access?
________
Half-baked (http://half-baked.com)

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:20
I cchanged the turbo hoses,only 3 of them though as they were easy to get to. One from the bulk head area,one from the the bottom of the radiator area upwards and finally the one underneath the throttle cover.I took out the air box which made it easier to unscrew the jubilee clips for one pipe and the throttle cover for another.

shaun850
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:23
check youre lead's mate, might have knocked the king lead off? ( check both end's )

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:24
checked,still wont start.I'm getting worried now.

fraz13
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:26
When you took the airbox out or put it back did you maybe upset any of the 3 pipes on the boost control solenoid?

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:30
checked,still wont start.I'm getting worried now.

Mike, don't panic about it. It's something simple, you know it is. Did it work ok before you changed the hoses? If so, unless there is the most horrendous of coincidences, it will work with the new hoses. Back track all the work you did, checy every connection etc along the way. Somewhere there is a loose wire or pipe.

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:33
I've had a look, they all seem to be connected. The car turns over perfectly.It feels like the immoblizer is on so i disconnected the battery for 5 minutes then re connected it, but still nothing.

T5ER
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:36
check all connectors around the hoses,check that the maf sensor lead is connected properly (i did this looked on but had not fully locked in)check idle control valve connector,if still no joy are you part of the RAC or AA if so give em a bell and tell them your car wont start but dont mention you have been playing with it

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:45
Thanks for all the advice guys.I've called green flag out who will be along within the hour.Fingers crossed they will sort it.

T5ER
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:49
Thanks for all the advice guys.I've called green flag out who will be along within the hour.Fingers crossed they will sort it.
allways good as a last resort mate

jim
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:17
Check your MAF connection.
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:33
Green flag are here and they say i've got no spark at the leads. Any ideas?

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:45
No spark at the plugs .HELP !!!!!!!!!

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:46
Now that's interesting. Looks like it refers back to the very unlucky coincidence. Temperimental coil (refer to Paullyp) http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14277&page=2&highlight=coil

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:12
Gren flag have left and my car still wont start. He is convinced it's the coil as when he puts his electrical tester on it, there is power going in and power going out but there is no spark.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:17
Give Paullyp a shout. He is THE faulty coil man. Do a trace on his threads, he has probably posted the answer somewhere already.

shaun850
Saturday 28th October 2006, 15:28
Probably disloged a wire somewhere, IE cam or crank sensor.

This would cause a no spark situation :(

blondy
Sunday 29th October 2006, 21:52
h, i read this http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t14959-just-wanted-to-say-thankyou.html just before reading your post, maybe the same problem.
Paul

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th October 2006, 22:22
h, i read this http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/t14959-just-wanted-to-say-thankyou.html just before reading your post, maybe the same problem.
Paul

Thanks, but that is me.

siamblue
Sunday 29th October 2006, 22:46
I have a spare coil and solenoid here if you want to try that? at least it will illiminate that part of the problem, if it works send me a drink and the postage,
pm me your full address and i will get it out to you tomorrow,

Gary,

blondy
Monday 30th October 2006, 11:52
sorry, how silly do i feel.
Paul.

Paullyp
Monday 30th October 2006, 16:48
The guy gave me a call the other day, all sorted, he had knocked the relay which controls the fuel injection system, this is getting too easy,Paullyp