PDA

View Full Version : Beige steering wheel

Adge
Saturday 28th October 2006, 09:34
The leather on my beige (?) steering wheel, C70, is worn and detracts from the generally well-kept appearance of the car. Has anyone (Gary?) a good replacement, or what can I do to renovate it!? Help please.

Vikingxl
Saturday 28th October 2006, 11:24
Fraz has a contact that may well be able to help out with this

fraz13
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:00
Basically thats a re-trim of the wheel which will be an expensive route to take, I would suggest giving Salvo a call and picking yourself a black wheel.

bubba_1986
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:32
Fraz, you think a black wheel would look alright in the beige interior?, as i have the same problem.

I went and seen dave the retrimmer ages ago about it but price was sky high, which i can understand with all the manual sweing all round the wheel

Adge
Sunday 29th October 2006, 17:54
Thanks fellas. Seems best to consider a black wheel when it becomes too ugly!

The Flying Banana
Sunday 29th October 2006, 17:56
Fraz, you think a black wheel would look alright in the beige interior?, as i have the same problem.

I went and seen dave the retrimmer ages ago about it but price was sky high, which i can understand with all the manual sweing all round the wheel

Even in a biege interior there is loads of black trim for it to contrast against

SAMXPJ
Friday 3rd November 2006, 02:46
Don't know what year your car is but main stealer had a recall on those stearing wheels with a free replacement I missed out so bought a wood/leather one after mine got really bad, you will find it becomes blacker by the day, I tried everthing but it's the light colour coating just coming away.

bubba_1986
Friday 3rd November 2006, 07:45
Don't know what year your car is but main stealer had a recall on those stearing wheels with a free replacement I missed out so bought a wood/leather one after mine got really bad, you will find it becomes blacker by the day, I tried everthing but it's the light colour coating just coming away.

mine is a 2000 c70, how long ago was this recall. Would be great if were to get a new one :)

SAMXPJ
Sunday 12th November 2006, 02:30
It depended on the year of your car, mine is 98 and finished in 2003 so I think you are just out, think it's all wrong because if a part has a design fault then time should not be a consideration, the bean counters run the country today !

Vikingxl
Sunday 12th November 2006, 08:47
Black wheel wouldnt look too bad i dont think,or try Wyne at marshalls and see if he can get you a decent price on a new one